Author Topic: Big news, the Sky is blue  (Read 1916 times)

MakoMako

• Lieutenant
Big news, the Sky is blue
« on: October 16, 2012, 12:15:19 AM »
I didn't see this on here anywhere, but if it is and I'm double posting, feel free to just delete this topic.

http://mmofallout.com/2012/10/14/ncsoft-ignored-potential-buyers-says-report/

Interesting.

Jaybonaut

• Underling
Re: Big news, the Sky is blue
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:28:47 AM »
Yeah, I just posted this a bit ago on the official boards too.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 02:05:14 AM »
I want to get (more) upset over this.  I really do.  But at this point, can I get a show of hands of who genuinely expected NCSoft to entertain any ideas other than squatting on the IPs they've killed like a vulture on a carcass?

Anybody?  Anyone at all?  I'm not seeing any hands in the crowd here.

At this point all I can do is sigh in exasperation, and continue to spread the word amongst my friends.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 04:51:35 AM »
I expected better reporting more than anything else, but that is my opinion, as it is based *entirely* on a player written article (Downix who posts here wrote it).

Well if NCsoft wants to claim that it's smearing, I guess they need to start proving it.   8)

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 11:49:44 AM »
I expected better reporting more than anything else, but that is my opinion, as it is based *entirely* on a player written article (Downix who posts here wrote it).
True enough Mr.G, but there's an old saying : "Nature abhors a vacuum". But there's something that abhors a vacuum even more - the media.

If NCSoft want to remain tight-lipped about everything they do, they're just inviting every journalist out there to fill that silence with speculation, conjecture and hearsay. People want to hear something, even if what they're hearing hasn't been objectively verified. The more silent NCSoft remain, the more this type of thing will happen - and it's their own fault, because they have the power to release a statement with...SOME FACTS IN IT!!

And until they do, I say it's open season on them in the media.

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »
This didn't surprises me at all. When even Bounty Bay Online found someone, then I'm sure that there was some companys out there and also intressted in the City of Heroes IP. Maybe the game is old, but with a lot of content in there AND the game was profitable, of course there was someone intressted...

Fact is that NC Soft never wanted to sell it, they never do this with any other game they closed. That's why they fire everyone so quickly, just don't give anyone a chance for a rescue. I'm done with this company, when this is the way they want to do bisness then they have to do this without me.

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 04:29:46 PM »
Words that come to mind when I think of NCsoft's behavior during this whole ordeal:

- Close-minded
- Arrogant
- Self-righteous
- Superiority Complex
- Xenophobic

Like usual, I'm too angry to form a succinct and constructive remark that won't veer into off-color territory because the above 5 points are exactly how I see them. Just, please, those of us here that are being active in the efforts to ruin their image, don't ever stop. PLEASE, do everything you can to get the story heard by more people that will understand how they royally boned us and the developers.
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 04:37:04 PM »
I may be a player, but I am a Journalist first and foremost. I dislike it when sources chose to be anonymous but it is part of life in this business. By keeping their anonymity, I keep them as a contact for the future as well for other articles.

Honestly, it was nice to write something not about politics for a change.