Author Topic: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images  (Read 111200 times)

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
Re: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2013, 12:08:39 PM »
that was awesome..

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »
But, that begs the question..

Where are they now?

I found Tyrant, he's gotten a wonderful day job...

"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2013, 03:48:15 PM »
Where are they now?.... Statesman

Sitting in heaven with Uncle Ben playing chess.... No one else about because for some reason only they never got a chance to return!
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2013, 03:57:03 PM »
Blondeshell... I am humbled. :: Salutes! ::

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
Know what would make that even better?  Sub "Old Spice" out and "Enriche" in it's place.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #285 on: February 14, 2013, 01:01:31 PM »
Although...

LOL, @srmalloy; i'd remembered the first two of those Dork Tower panels but forgotten the last two.  Dork Tower forever, along with /em holdtorch!   ;D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #286 on: February 14, 2013, 01:11:04 PM »
But, that begs the question..

Where are they now?

Hello again, LadyShin; great photo of Marcus as Praetorian "Statesman."  Of course any dude on a horse winds up smelling of horse perspiration.  Do ladies dig the smell of horse cologne that much?  If so, I should buy a bottle!   ;)   (note: i don't need the Enriche model with all it's chemical additives that likely include formaldehyde and other toxins - but then ladies are hip to what's toxic in their own cosmetics, perfumes and such, just as we men are - right guys?)   New big word for the day: Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, formerly called Environmental Illness.  Kermit the Frog on Being Green:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #287 on: February 14, 2013, 01:15:58 PM »
This one is a much-expanded version of a couple that appeared earlier in the thread. I think it pretty much covers all the bases, and I was surprised at how well it fit the tone and rhythmic cadence of the original material.

Note: Please don't include the images if you quote this post so it doesn't kill my hosting bandwidth.
Absolutely BRILLIANT!!!  Thank you, Blondeshell!!!! 

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #288 on: February 19, 2013, 04:43:37 AM »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2013, 05:12:40 AM »
I tweaked some of the dialogue in my meme/comic to use a few more phrases that we've been so fond of abusing referencing.
That "superior service" quip gets me every time.   ;D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Cendwar

• Underling
« Reply #290 on: February 19, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »
Champion Server: Cendwar Dark/EM Tank - Vehement Ragefire SS/FA Brute - Desolation Within Spines/FA Scrapper - General Hoffman AR/Traps Blaster - Thoughtfire Plague FC/PA Dominator - Bash 'n Slash BS/SD Scrapper - Dream Slave - BA/EA Brute

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #291 on: February 19, 2013, 04:11:34 PM »
Let's not forget their mission statement - it's a really simple one. (grammar issues belong solely to NCSoft  :P)

Mission:
"To make people in this world happier - The ultimate mission of NCSoft is to make each and every one on earth happier. That is, to make people's lives more enjoyable."

Format:
Small: "Our organization is built on trust and tight enough that there is no communication barrier."
Strong: "Our product and service are excellent that we are proud of being the best. Our company is firm and resilient."
Substantive: "We create real value to make progress and deliver the best to our customers. We always try to be excellent at what we are doing."

Spirit:
Do the right thing!
"Do not hesitate doing what is right. Be brave at carrying out what we believe is right into practice."

To this, I quote a wise man: "Do, or do not. There is no try."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:17:30 PM by LadyShin »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #292 on: February 19, 2013, 07:04:53 PM »
Let's not forget their mission statement - it's a really simple one. (grammar issues belong solely to NCSoft  :P)

Mission:
"To make people in this world happier - The ultimate mission of NCSoft is to make each and every one on earth happier. That is, to make people's lives more enjoyable."

Format:
Small: "Our organization is built on trust and tight enough that there is no communication barrier."
Strong: "Our product and service are excellent that we are proud of being the best. Our company is firm and resilient."
Substantive: "We create real value to make progress and deliver the best to our customers. We always try to be excellent at what we are doing."

Spirit:
Do the right thing!
"Do not hesitate doing what is right. Be brave at carrying out what we believe is right into practice."

My take on that....

One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #293 on: February 21, 2013, 05:26:49 PM »
Well, they had all the right words in their Vision/Mission statement(s), only this isn't the first time I've noticed divergence between what's said and what's done...   ;)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #294 on: February 22, 2013, 11:25:43 AM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #295 on: February 22, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
At the risk of sounding cliched... actions speak louder than words. And NCSoft's actions over the years have proven they don't care about customers - current, past, potential or otherwise.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #296 on: February 22, 2013, 04:28:07 PM »
And NCSoft's actions over the years have proven they don't care about customers - current, past, potential or otherwise.

Ignoring the closure of CoH for now, what else had they done to prove they don't care about customers? 

Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa were financial failures.  Period.  Dungeon Runners was a tiny, quirky, MMO and it simply wasn't making enough money to keep it open.  Exteel was closed world wide since it didn't have a steady income in the west or the east anymore and the income it did have simply was just too small.

So why is closing games that aren't making enough money to be profitable is now not caring about the customer?  Again I'm subtracting CoH out of the conversation here.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2013, 06:18:51 PM »
Ignoring the closure of CoH for now, what else had they done to prove they don't care about customers? 

Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa were financial failures.  Period.  Dungeon Runners was a tiny, quirky, MMO and it simply wasn't making enough money to keep it open.  Exteel was closed world wide since it didn't have a steady income in the west or the east anymore and the income it did have simply was just too small.

So why is closing games that aren't making enough money to be profitable is now not caring about the customer?  Again I'm subtracting CoH out of the conversation here.

And that is what I'm confused about really. On one hand, those 4-5 games that NCSoft closed is said to have good reason to close those games.  On the other hand it's being used a evidence that NCsoft have/had a bad track record in caring for it's customers and wanton habits closing of games. I wondering which is it. If they had this track record for this long why outrage now and not a care in the world for those other closed games when it happened to them nor bad feelings towards NCSoft and their business practices then at those moments.  But if they had good reason as stated by multiple people now, and evident by lack of outrage when it happened because they had good reason for closign those other games, then their track record was clean until now and thus nullfying the statements  that they had history of closing down games in a wanton fashion. Just curious and confused about which one is it.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #298 on: February 22, 2013, 07:32:24 PM »

Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa were financial failures. 

IIRC Tabula Rasa was wrecked by NCSoft before release. It was almost ready to go when NCSoft decided it wasn't "Korean grindy" enough. They forced through some changes which made it too Korean for the west and not Korean enough for the east so it failed.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »

I don't think that NCsoft isn't totally blameless in any of these games.  I'm going off of memory here, so take it for what it's worth, but as I recall, NCsoft laid off a bunch of people including some of the founders from Auto Assault, cutting it to the bone, before the game turned into a financial failure.  Tabula Rasa was just kind of a SNAFU all around, especially on NCsoft's part.  I mean, I can understand them being upset about Richard Garriott going on his space adventure (and make no mistake, if I had some means to do so, I'd do the exact same thing), but their reaction to it was like shooting themselves in the nose to spite their face.  It was just handled VERY badly.  Also as I recall (it's been a few months since I researched all of this), there was actually some other company successfully running Exteel in Asia that was paying licensing fees to NCsoft, and NCsoft chose to cancel the arrangement and deliberately kill off the game in markets in which it was doing okay.  I can't really speak much to Dungeon Runners as I never played it, but I do think it's a sad day when tiny quirky MMOs are canceled.

City of Heroes was just the most egregious mistake they made, but make no mistake, mistakes were made with the other games.  The biggest one is that NCsoft seems to pick and choose not just winners that they will hype and market the hell out of, but losers that they systematically cut off from any support or marketing, then supposedly look justified in killing later due to lack of interest and/or subscriber base.  And not to put too fine a point on it, but marketing and support are the primary functions of a game publisher, which makes them pretty damn bad at the very thing they're supposed to be doing best as a company.