Author Topic: The Introduction.  (Read 2602 times)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
The Introduction.
« on: September 30, 2012, 05:51:11 AM »
Hey, I am JaguarX. (Jaguar40 in CO but tend to keep to myself there.)

I have played COX for a while now and also wish to have the game saved in some manner. It do not matter to me whether or not a direct transfer happens, a new game that is similar, or some other manner that i have missed.

Although I mostly moved to CO, I must say that I dont want COX to go out with out a fight. It was my home too. It's like finding out about an old neighborhood that I grew up in was about to get razed to the ground. So of course the first place I went was the COX forum but my lord, things have changed over there. Are there any of the moderators around?

Anyways found a link to here, checked it out and it looks like a civilized place that is serious about saving the game. Thus, in short here I am. Lets get it done!

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: The Introduction.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 12:37:26 PM »
Welcome! Thanks for showing up!

Yeah - things are beginning to unravel over at the old forums. I've started coming here more often because of it. And of course the old forums will go away permanently when the game is closed. (And even if they game is bought by someone else, they'll probably still have to close).

You're in the right place my friend!

And I too have played CO. DCUO as well. And I can tell you that I've been moved by the shows of support in the forums of both of those games. Particularly in the forums of CO. They DON'T like what is happening. They think it's a raw deal as well, and they're making a concerted effort to help welcome people from COH. (True - some of it can be attributed to "enlightened self interest" for COs sake. But I can't fault them for that. I think many of them are worried that CO is a step away from being in our shoes. And rightly so to a degree.) But even the fact that they recognize that the people from the community of COH are valuable to CO is heartening.

DCUO is relatively new and doesn't inherently support RP all that well, so their community is somewhat limited compared to CO, but even there, I've seen threads filled with people in dismay at the situation.

Look around a bit. The main focus of discussion right now is up in the "Save Paragon City" section. But if you're interested in the speculation on a possible "Plan Z" and the formation of a new game if efforts to save COH fail, then you'll find some interesting stuff here in the "City Sunset" area.

Feel free to discuss anything at all related to the game here in general. I think it's even allowed to have off-topic discussions in here, like say - the Marvel superhero movies like Iron Man and The Avengers etc.

Again - welcome!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:55:50 PM by Atlantea »

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:21:18 PM »
By the way, where are the forum rules?

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 03:19:39 AM »
By the way, where are the forum rules?
No link (being lazy :-p), but generally the same as Official. The game is T-Teen so keep the content as such, no being a meany, etc.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 04:08:36 AM »
No link (being lazy :-p), but generally the same as Official. The game is T-Teen so keep the content as such, no being a meany, etc.
Yeah, generally that.

Really, up until a month ago, traffic around here wasn't that heavy, so it was easier to patrol.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 03:16:34 PM »
makes sense.

indiramourning

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »
Hello all.  I'm here too!   ;D

Just had to say hi, and didn't want to start a whole new thread to do it.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »
*stands up and waves*

Hello. My name isn't really Kheprera and I, too, am a CoH refugee...

What?   :P

Welcome to Titan.  I think most of us are still unpacking and settling in, but there's plenty of room.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 10:54:01 PM »
*stands up and waves*

Hello. My name isn't really Kheprera and I, too, am a CoH refugee...

What?   :P

Welcome to Titan.  I think most of us are still unpacking and settling in, but there's plenty of room.

Thanks for the welcome from you all. Yeah my real name isnt JaguarX.

It's actually....

JaguarK.

Surelle

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 12:45:14 PM »
Hi!

I'm a CoH refugee from the official boards too.  :)  They could desperately use some troll traps over there, lol, so thanks for being here!