Author Topic: Unofficial event!  (Read 4537 times)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Unofficial event!
« on: October 02, 2012, 12:46:47 PM »
My (RP) SG will be hosting a Hallowe'en party on Virtue a little closer to Hallowe'en.  We're looking to hold it in the Matrix room (with an incredibly original 'Matrix' costume theme) and we'd like to invite as many as you awesome 'Save' guys to join us for some torch-holding, trying to scare each other, and general hanging out.

We're a really small SG, so anyone who has some ideas on what else we could do as part of the event would be welcome, and if anyone has some bright ideas on how we can use it to help the Save movement, that would also rock. At the very least it might be a bit of a moral boost and kinda fun, and hopefully it might be a decent gathering of toons that we can ask to do animations and emotes for the videographers/screen shotters among you.

Soon as I've worked out when we can get most of the SG together at the same time, I'll let you know the date and time (probably the 27/28 October, around 4pm-ish GMT, but that's yet to be confirmed.) but I just wanted to give a heads-up and ask for ideas, since it's the first time we've tried to throw open an event to people outside of the group.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:03:53 PM by rae »
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
Re: Unofficial event!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 01:06:49 PM »
Sounds like an awesome idea!

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 01:08:31 PM »
There is always spoon.  8)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 01:11:33 PM »
Oh dear. Fansy's an Agent! RUN! (from the sand giants)

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 01:13:13 PM »
Oh dear. Fansy's an Agent! RUN! (from the sand giants)
Thanks... now I'm picturing giants in bullet time... =P

Cold Bob

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 02:40:13 PM »
Matrix room? Is that the secret room underneath the Arena in Peregrine Island?

If so, I've heard of it -- but how exactly do I get there?

Never been able to figure that one out, even though I DO know how to get underneath the PI map...

Can you post a picture, please?

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »
We went on our first expedition to find it yesterday.

Instructions on how to get there are..http://youtu.be/G6qZ8CMoU1k.

And of course, we'll be able to teleport people in, if they can't find it :)
--
@Vandellia

Cold Bob

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 04:37:08 PM »
Found it!

Maybe this can become an "Official Event" -- like a Call to Action: Matrix Room Halloween Rave! on Virtue, or, cross server, even.

As somebody on the youtube comments page said, here's another thing off my bucket list (I got some great photos!)

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
If the Titans are happy to do it as part of the movement, that would be great. But if not, it'll just be maybe a chance to hang out, have some fun and hopefully boost some spirits a little :)
--
@Vandellia

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 05:57:38 PM »
There is always spoon.  8)

You spoony bard! >.>
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 06:05:11 PM »
That'll be simple. I have an ex-Matrix Agent knockoff. He keeps going around trying to tell everyone that their dimension isn't real, that it's just a simulation, or a game. A crazy one, he is.   8)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 06:21:53 PM »
That'll be simple. I have an ex-Matrix Agent knockoff. He keeps going around trying to tell everyone that their dimension isn't real, that it's just a simulation, or a game. A crazy one, he is.   8)

"Mister Enchanter...surprised to see me?"
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »

"Tell me, Mr. Enchanter... what good is a phone call... if you're unable to speak?"
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 08:37:58 PM »
Ok. Having tried to get the SG to make a decision and failing horribly, I'm scheduling this for:

Saturday, 27 October from 6pm (GMT) onwards. I think that's around 1pm for some of you and..something...earlier or later than that for everyone else :-p

We'll be in the Matrix Room on Virtue and the theme is, rather obviously, The Matrix. It'd be really cool if some of the Save crowd came along. I don't really have a plan, apart from getting everyone together to have a bit of fun in a cool spot. If I'm really lucky, the Cape may be available to support us, but I'll have to ask them on Twitter :)

Any ideas on stuff we could do, or how to tie it in with 'Save' would be gratefully received. I'm not much of an organiser :D
--
@Vandellia

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 12:05:41 AM »
Umm.  Found it, but it says I cannot enter.  :-[

EDIT: Belay my last...

EDIT: Found my way in, but now I can't find the Developer's Dungeon in Grandville.  So much for the Easter Egg Tour. :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:02:57 AM by dwturducken »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 12:11:13 PM »
Bump as a reminder!
--
@Vandellia

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »
This sounds like fun, we need more fun things around here right now, darn it.