Author Topic: Comic Books? Novels? Figures? Other Mechandise?  (Read 14182 times)

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
Re: Comic Books? Novels? Figures? Other Mechandise?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 02:34:16 AM »
National Novel Writing Month is November (http://www.nanowrimo.org/). It sure is a daunting task to even attempt to write 50,000 words in a month, especially when that month you might rather be playing the game, rather than writing about it, but if a few people write CoH fan fiction novels it might be worth a little publicity.

This is a good idea, although I've heard that you can go for lower word count goals, in order to make things slightly less challenging.
I think that i might do this, but I doubt I'll go for 50k words. I also had a thought about making chapter titles security levels maybe? (Although obviously, this means the chapters would get progressively longer.) Just a thought.
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

voodoogirl

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 02:38:34 AM »
So, if we know someone who has a 3D printer, is there a way to import the 3D data of what a CoH character looks like into any sort of modeling software, or is the only way to artistically attempt to duplicate it? 

And even if there was a way to export it, would that be illegal?  (even in the 'technical' sense of 'illegal, but nobody will care if you just put it on a shelf or use it as a figure in your personal PnP game').

You can always privately print from Shapeways.com

Insatiable One

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 07:15:58 AM »
why on God's green earth would you want to throw any more money at NCSoft when they collectively crapped all over a loyal playerbase?  This is the only thing that any nostalgic trend towards manufacture of new merchandise would render.   And I would be wary of involving them in any potential shared business decision considering they threw money and manhours at this game fervently for a year and a half only to pull the plug with little or no notice.  That company operates under no scant trace of anything representing logic, and has blatantly lied about not receiving any offers on the intellectual property. 

jamvaru

• Minion
  • ;] jamvaru
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 07:20:16 AM »
with the advent of the new 3D printers I would say a no-brainer product would be a 3d printout of your in-game character; you would have to paint it yourself, though, which people like to do.
. you could include a set of paints that match the colors of the character in the game

no hero

• Lieutenant
  • Regens "do it" solo! :)
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 08:38:58 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this post. Moderators please feel free to move it to a more appropriate one or completely remove it if I'm in any way out of line.

The shutdown announcement has violently pushed my passive, but deep interest in finding CoH swag into high gear. It has taken more than four months, but I have found a fellow player who has the same passion and just happens to run her own graphic design business. Laura has a few auctions on eBay, but has refrained from posting her work on any of the forums because the risk of poor taste.

I recently sent her a few ideas and received wonderful vinyl stickers at a very low cost. She can design for you or work with the ideas you send her. Also, I would be more than happy to email the few basic designs I have made for myself. Because I don't want to be seen in a poor light and don't want her to seem opportunistic, I will give out the details and Laura's contact information through PMs only.

(Along with a small taste of her work with my designs, the attached pictures have RiP States emblem from a fellow Titan who has since appeared to have left the fold. I have to assume Eric became MIA due to the pain of the loss and wish him well.)

Again the ideas that I have are simple compared to Laura's, but I will happily forward what I have created. Please know that all I am is a fan and a happy customer with her permission to share my purchase with other CoH Survivors. I in no way benefit from this plug and only hope to make the swag search for other Titans who wear their hearts on their sleeve, or in my case their wife's car, a touch easier.

(On a side note note the wife's personalized license plate is "STATES", hence the AP33. Mine is "TYRANT" and I will be sporting the NP33, Nova Praetoria 33, treatment once the car is out of the repair shop.)

@no hero, Virtue. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:12:50 AM by no hero »
Samantha:  "I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If a Player and a Game love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?"

Jerry:  "Never."

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 08:41:40 PM »
Wheee! And given these are pro decals I guess you won't have to worry about them falling off, eh? Why is there a slash through the star though?

Just the other day I was toying with the idea of putting the PPD insignia on my car.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 08:52:21 PM »
It's not a slash. It's a take on the black bands that police officers put around their badges when one of their own falls in the line of duty.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

no hero

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 08:56:18 PM »
The "Slash Decal" was from my wayward friend, Eric, and not Laura. It was his RiP design and the slash is to represent mourning in the same way of wearing a black arm band.
Not to dismiss his work, because I will keep them in a drawer in my office, but I have "made" a new design for the return of CoH :)

(TimtheEnchanter, if you want a really accurate PPD design, I have one somewhere in my computer.)
Samantha:  "I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If a Player and a Game love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?"

no hero

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 06:29:16 PM »
Long Live the Praetorian Guard!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:24:55 AM by no hero »

no hero

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2013, 07:25:15 AM »
Long Live the Freedom Phalanx!

no hero

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2014, 07:55:59 AM »
CoH and CoV tees for 24 hrs!
Go, Go, Go!!!

http://www.unamee.com/index.php/

I bought six already :)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:07:38 AM by TonyV »

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »
There've been novels, comics, and HeroClix figures.  The novels are on eBay, the comics are available for download from the City of Heroes site, and the Clix figures can be picked up in the COV box set, mostly (although there's a separate, capeless Statesman available otherwise).  There was, I believe, talk of a film that never got off the ground, but I could be mistaken (although I'd love to see one!).

Me?  Other than the game staying around, I'd love some of the music on a cd--the opening Atlas Park music when you first step out of City Hall, the funky "bow-chick-a-wow" music of Blyde Square, and more.

I have the music for both coh and cov.  I actually listen to it while playing...gasp...guildwars 2.  Believe it or not but the coh music actually fits better.

"Brought to you by The Order of the Obsidian Moon"   8)

http://city-of-heroes.livejournal.com/2765980.html has some links I believe to the content.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:02:49 PM by LadyVamp »
No Surrender!

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2014, 05:12:14 PM »
I have the music for both coh and cov.  I actually listen to it while playing...gasp...guildwars 2.  Believe it or not but the coh music actually fits better.

"Brought to you by The Order of the Obsidian Moon"   8)

http://city-of-heroes.livejournal.com/2765980.html has some links I believe to the content.

Bah hum bug!  They're blocking login access now to ftp.coh.com.  Music used to be there for download.
No Surrender!

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2014, 05:25:22 PM »
It's only 109 MB in size zipped up for both coh's and cov's music.

Since they were publicly available at one time, they're probably on some website for download.  With the song list, you got something to hunt for.

M9_loop was the main theme song for cov when you first logged in.

Song list/sound effects for COH.
ArgosyIndustries_loop.mp3    Texture19.mp3
ArgosyIndustries.mp3         Texture1-Boneyard.mp3
AtlasPark1.mp3               Texture20.mp3
BastionofRegret.mp3          Texture21.mp3
BloodyLane.mp3               Texture22.mp3
BoomTownSector.mp3           Texture2-Boomtown.mp3
COHTheme_loop.mp3            Texture3.mp3
FoolsGold_loop.mp3           Texture4-ChironMed.mp3
Funk.mp3                     Texture5-CoromanManufacturing.mp3
Heroes1_loop.mp3             Texture6-CreyCove.mp3
Heroes2_loop.mp3             Texture7-DarkAstoria.mp3
Heroes3_loop.mp3             Texture8-Eden.mp3
Heroes4_loop.mp3             Texture9-EveretteLake.mp3
Heroes5_loop.mp3             TheCannonade.mp3
Ominous.mp3                  Theme1.mp3
Orchestral1_loop.mp3         Theme2_loop.mp3
Orchestral2.mp3              Theme2.mp3
Orchestral3_loop.mp3         Theme3_loop.mp3
Orchestral4_loop.mp3         Theme3.mp3
Percussion_loop.mp3          Theme4_loop.mp3
Texture10_Evil.mp3           Theme4.mp3
Texture11_SerpentsTeeth.mp3  Theme5_loop.mp3
Texture12_RedRiver.mp3       Theme5.mp3
Texture13_Hive.mp3           Theme6_loop.mp3
Texture14_WaveLanding.mp3    Theme6.mp3
Texture15.mp3                Theme7.mp3
Texture16.mp3                Theme8.mp3
Texture17_Serpentine.mp3     Theme9_loop.mp3
Texture18.mp3                Theme9.mp3

COV's list
J11_loop.mp3  J33_loop.mp3  M10_loop.mp3  M17_loop.mp3  M5_loop.mp3
J13_loop.mp3  J35_loop.mp3  M11_loop.mp3  M1_loop.mp3   M6_loop.mp3
J17_loop.mp3  J39_loop.mp3  M12_loop.mp3  M28_loop.mp3  M7_loop2.mp3
J22_loop.mp3  J45_loop.mp3  M13_loop.mp3  M2_loop.mp3   M8_loop.mp3
J25_loop.mp3  J5_loop.mp3   M14_loop.mp3  M32_loop.mp3  M9_loop.mp3
J29_loop.mp3  J6_loop.mp3   M15_loop.mp3  M3_loop.mp3
J30_loop.mp3  J7_loop.mp3   M16_loop.mp3  M4_loop.mp3
No Surrender!

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2014, 09:41:48 PM »
Bah hum bug!  They're blocking login access now to ftp.coh.com.  Music used to be there for download.

You can still access certain things (like the comics - scroll towards the bottom of the thread): http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,4203.0.html

Also, you can get all the music AND sound effects through this thread: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2014, 01:37:42 AM »
I think it's been down since Going Rogue opened, actually.

But, as noted, there's other places to get the music.

no hero

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2014, 06:22:17 AM »