Author Topic: Finally back in CoH. At least in time for the end.  (Read 1567 times)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
Finally back in CoH. At least in time for the end.
« on: October 16, 2012, 01:39:56 PM »
Just got the client running and my account set to Free.  Hmm thought they were raising them all to Vips.  Oh well.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
Re: Finally back in CoH. At least in time for the end.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »
No they've said they can't do that. Everyone has access to Beta, though, so you can see VIP content there, and everything is 0 points on the market.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »
No they've said they can't do that. Everyone has access to Beta, though, so you can see VIP content there, and everything is 0 points on the market.
Not quite. You can't see VIP content unless it is purchasable in the market. If it's VIP only (e.g. Incarnates), it's still restricted from free/premium accounts.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »
If it's VIP only (e.g. Incarnates), it's still restricted from free/premium accounts.
This is true, except for the Incarnate Alpha slot, which is unlocked for free once you hit 50.  You can even create and slot powers into it, although they'll be disabled the moment you put 'em in. Beyond that, though, you're absolutely right.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:55:01 AM by Kaiser Tarantula »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 01:32:55 AM »
This is true, except for the Incarnate Alpha slot, which is unlocked for free once you hit 50.
Uh. Since when? Is this a new thing with I24? Or a beta server thing (similar to a level bump)?

I don't have any 50s to copy over that don't already have it unlocked so I can't check.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 02:08:13 AM »
It's a beta-server specific thing, but it's not handled by devs/gms - it's built into Beta's systems.  The minute you hit 50, your alpha slot unlocks, even if you're non-VIP (with a friendly message from Black Scorpion, to boot!)

However, I'll admit it's a bit nitpicky on my part to mention it.  Even though you can unlock the Alpha slot on beta, create a power, and slot it in, it has no effect.  You'll see it appear among your automatic buffs for a split second, then it cancels.  Only VIPs get to actually use incarnate powers.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 02:32:30 AM »
I don't think I go and bother with the beta server.  Was trouble enough getting the game client on this system once.

I be happy saying goodbye to Virtue.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!