Author Topic: "...a realignment of company focus"  (Read 159411 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: "...a realignment of company focus"
« Reply #440 on: October 22, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
Much appreciated.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #441 on: October 22, 2012, 05:00:39 PM »
 :o

And I just wanted to use the current media climate to push our agenda...

:-[

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #442 on: October 22, 2012, 05:05:45 PM »
Yeah, you've gotta be careful about the political refs, though, because they can polarize a public we'd rather unite. For instance, when somebody was suggesting "/em holdtorch" real-life photos to be shared and made into a sort of meme, I thought of puttling an empty chair on a lawn and putting a torch next to it with the caption, "See? Even the President is supporting #SaveCoH!" but I knew it would risk offending Obama supporters.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #443 on: October 22, 2012, 06:52:40 PM »
Yeah this is between us and NCsoft(core).  Not everyone is in the Political sphere of the American race.  have to take in account other nations as well who members might not get the angle your presenting.  Keep focus on NCsoft it's tight lip operations.

Unite against a common foe!  Stay focused on that cause and avoid hot buttons like Politics, religion, and stuff like that.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #444 on: October 22, 2012, 07:38:41 PM »
Yeah this is between us and NCsoft(core).  Not everyone is in the Political sphere of the American race.  have to take in account other nations as well who members might not get the angle your presenting.  Keep focus on NCsoft it's tight lip operations.

Unite against a common foe!  Stay focused on that cause and avoid hot buttons like Politics, religion, and stuff like that.
I've been following the US politics with great amusement actually, those memes of the binders actually made it into the local news - so while at work I opened a news webpage to be greeted by a leering Bill going "Tell me more about these binds full of women..." - a good way to start the day! =P
But yeah, it's also important to stay focused on why we're here!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #445 on: October 22, 2012, 08:55:06 PM »
Maybe what he meant to say was he likes to put binders on women.  8)

Yeah, you've gotta be careful about the political refs, though, because they can polarize a public we'd rather unite. For instance, when somebody was suggesting "/em holdtorch" real-life photos to be shared and made into a sort of meme, I thought of puttling an empty chair on a lawn and putting a torch next to it with the caption, "See? Even the President is supporting #SaveCoH!" but I knew it would risk offending Obama supporters.

Heh, with the number of times I've seen this forum referred to as "the Barricade", I think we've got some Les Mis fans here, and probably a lot of people have seen the "One Day More" parody that was done by the cast. Still waiting now for "Empty Chairs."  ;)

On-topic... I think we've going over the same fears that we did with the CNN/Fox discussion. It seems a lot of the 'big weapons" that we haven't tried swinging yet are double-edged, including an idea of my own that I'm withholding until after the 30th. There's only so much the little guy can do before they need to get the help of the big guy, and we're nearing that point. Unfortunately, that's making contracts with demons, and there's no predicting whether or not it's going to do more bad than good.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #446 on: October 22, 2012, 09:12:47 PM »
Indeed we all know that if you play with fire you risk getting burned.

But dag wouldn't the bon fires burn brightly!

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #447 on: October 22, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »
Maybe what he meant to say was he likes to put binders on women.  8)

Heh, with the number of times I've seen this forum referred to as "the Barricade", I think we've got some Les Mis fans here, and probably a lot of people have seen the "One Day More" parody that was done by the cast. Still waiting now for "Empty Chairs."  ;)

On-topic... I think we've going over the same fears that we did with the CNN/Fox discussion. It seems a lot of the 'big weapons" that we haven't tried swinging yet are double-edged, including an idea of my own that I'm withholding until after the 30th. There's only so much the little guy can do before they need to get the help of the big guy, and we're nearing that point. Unfortunately, that's making contracts with demons, and there's no predicting whether or not it's going to do more bad than good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYizXBQ5EQA

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #448 on: October 22, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »
Well, regarding Fox/CNN, the point there was NOT to be afraid of either. Ignore the politics.

The point here is to avoid invoking politics in a way that will seem to "side" our movement with one party or the other. Or even one philosophy (liberal/conservative) or the other.

If we can get positive support from either side? EXCELLENT!

We do not, however, want to in any way hint that we're AGAINST either side. Because, frankly, as a movement, we're not. I'm a staunch conservative and a proud supporter of the Tea Party movement, and I'm sure there are far-lefties around here somewhere who would disagree with me on nearly every fundamental principle. Perhaps quite vehemently. But we're all trying to save CoH, because who doesn't like superheroes and supervillains and stories of good triumphing over evil?

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #449 on: October 22, 2012, 09:50:03 PM »
City of Heroes is right down to it Trusting and working togeather.

Heroes Joining teams to battle foes, teams working together to bring down the Giant Monsters! 

All origins all powers all At unite!

Heroes, Vigianties, Rogues, Villains all worked together to stop the Rikti we can work together to stop the MMOKILLER!

Every view believes in basic facts.  Protecting the children, that Blade and Sole game is not for the young.  Or the young at heart!

Every view believes in building basic morals in the young.  Stand up for Liberty!  Stand up for what is right!  All it takes for evil to win is for good men/women to do Nothing!  City of Heroes/Villains teaches you that even if you are broken you can still stand tall.  Even if you are blasted by cosmic rays and your atoms became nuclear you can be who you want to be!

But what are we fighting for?  A 8 year old game?  NO we will be alright if they say the game will go down once a City of heroes 2 launches.  We are fighting for our rights as a community to keep something of our community alive.  As the song Ballard of TonyV says.  It's not about a Game, or XP!

This is a game where a mother or father KNOWS their child would not be exposed to GORE (mortal kombat, Duex Ex and many more) but at the same time when the little one asleep or still playing they can log in and enjoy the game as well.  A very rare thing these days. 

That what we want to Keep.  Not the Hellions, not the Arachnos, we want a game were no matter what view, age, race, nation or biological makeup is you are welcomed.  We are one of the few games that encurages players to work together.  OR if your like me and run by himself and still have a good time!

This is what Plan Z strives to recreate.  IF all else fails.  Till then we will push on a Game by the player, For the player, Of the player!  Few things bring those forces together and when they do they change worlds.  Like all those that fell before us fighting for the very right to strive to be what they want to be we must carry on.

No matter our own views we all agree we have the right to have those views.  We have the right to disagree and work together to defend each other!

V-Mink

• Lieutenant
  • Greenside
« Reply #450 on: October 22, 2012, 10:56:22 PM »
Well, regarding Fox/CNN, the point there was NOT to be afraid of either. Ignore the politics.

The point here is to avoid invoking politics in a way that will seem to "side" our movement with one party or the other. Or even one philosophy (liberal/conservative) or the other.

We do not, however, want to in any way hint that we're AGAINST either side. Because, frankly, as a movement, we're not. I'm a staunch conservative and a proud supporter of the Tea Party movement, and I'm sure there are far-lefties around here somewhere who would disagree with me on nearly every fundamental principle. Perhaps quite vehemently. But we're all trying to save CoH, because who doesn't like superheroes and supervillains and stories of good triumphing over evil?

Agreed.  No matter what side of the political divide we fall on, we here can agree on one thing: CoH is something we all believe to be worthwhile, that we would like to see it continued.  Everything else?  Minutia. =)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #451 on: October 22, 2012, 11:27:44 PM »

My name is Hawthorne Grimm, and I approve this message.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #452 on: October 23, 2012, 01:09:41 AM »
How else do you review candidates than by getting piles, stacks, sheafs, reams, or files full of potential people to fill roles? Is there something about arranging this information into binders - I'm assuming of the three-ring, loose-leaf variety - that makes it more offensive than, say, if he'd gotten "CDs full of women?"

Just have to point out one thing here: "CDs full of women" means something else entirely. I slept on the couch for a week when my wife found mine...  :-[
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #453 on: October 23, 2012, 01:17:32 AM »
Back on topic...

Here's a new meme to spread for B&S.

"Blade & Soul - The One Handed Game. Cause that's how it's meant to be played."