Author Topic:  (Read 2922 times)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« on: October 10, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
This was posted on a FB group. Might be useful?

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/09/129_117289.html
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »
Ouch, apparently it's not even doing that well on the Korean market anymore - and I doubt it'll really compete with the big titles here too.

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 12:00:29 PM »

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 12:08:17 PM »
Stocks have always been kind of a mystery to me, personally, but it does seem to be something influenced by public perception.  NCSoft's business practices, in general, could be in question within the business community, regardless of CoH, or sort of more because it's part of a larger trend.  That seems to be what I'm seeing as people here raise questions that get me looking more at NCSoft as a whole, rather than just looking at the one game I play.

Many of their games have suffered from slow addition of new content and updates, while new (or new to us) games are in development. CoH has been the exception, for the most part, though some of the things felt a little bit rushed, or even just thrown out to us because they had to have something to give us each month.  Nothing was half-assed, though. Everything that came out had been worked on by someone who seriously, honestly cared about what they were doing.  I have not seen GW2, beyond trailers and promotional stuff, and then not very much, but most of the NCSoft stable always struck my as pretty lackluster and sometimes interchangeable.

I don't think that our efforts are affecting their stock, but it is fun to imagine. However, if their "shifting of focus" is to kill the one project they own that not only is original but still is the standard by which its competitors are measured, that's going to raise eyebrows.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »
The article linked in this post
This was posted on a FB group. Might be useful?

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/09/129_117289.html
...has one minor problem: League of Legends is put out by "Riot" Games, not "Raw."

</quibble>

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
The article linked in this post...has one minor problem: League of Legends is put out by "Riot" Games, not "Raw."

</quibble>

And the Riot peeps are -righteous-, by all accounts. <.< >.>
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV