Author Topic: Question about Sentinel Plus and locked characters  (Read 2491 times)

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
Question about Sentinel Plus and locked characters
« on: October 02, 2012, 11:10:13 PM »
My husband had a bunch of masterminds in his account but unfortunately it was inactive at the time of the closure announcement. I wanted to save his character data but the only way to access those characters would be through the beta or test servers.

Would data saved from the beta/test server be usable?

I would assume because of the Paragon marked being absolutely free there that the beta version of a character would be "unfair"
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
Re: Question about Sentinel Plus and locked characters
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:32:05 PM »
My husband had a bunch of masterminds in his account but unfortunately it was inactive at the time of the closure announcement. I wanted to save his character data but the only way to access those characters would be through the beta or test servers.

Would data saved from the beta/test server be usable?

I would assume because of the Paragon marked being absolutely free there that the beta version of a character would be "unfair"
Yes, I transferred over my mastermind to test and retrieved him that way.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 02:53:50 AM »
Does it have to be test or will beta work too?

I don't know how to access test and the instructions for getting the test server confused me (not thinking clearly maybe...)

EDIT: Beta was a no-go ><
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 03:11:05 AM by Xieveral »
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 06:07:17 AM »
Beta counts account status (VIP or Premium) the same way that Live does, but the reward levels of both may or may not be the same. So, if you're unsubscribed to the game and don't have Tier 5 filled on Beta, you won't have access to Controllers or Masterminds there either.

Sorry :<

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »
Yes, I transferred over my mastermind to test and retrieved him that way.

Sentinel + works on test now? I thought it was still actual game only, per this post: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5404.msg56084.html#msg56084
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 10:41:52 PM »
Sentinel + works on test now? I thought it was still actual game only, per this post: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5404.msg56084.html#msg56084
Checked, it did not grab all of the bits. Sorry for getting hopes up. 8(

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »
Got a friend that stayed subscribed for years, until Rogue launch or so, then left the game so his status must be Premium... I told him to download Sentinel + Extractor so he could save all his chars from either Live servers or Beta, will he be able to do so?
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 04:28:33 PM »
I actually did push a beta version of Sentinel+ to our internal repository. At last report, it had been sent to the Mac guy for testing on that system.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »
Any word on the version of Sentinel+ that can extract data from Beta?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 03:01:23 PM »
Any word on the version of Sentinel+ that can extract data from Beta?

It can be downloaded from http://cit.cohtitan.com/sentinelplus/

Felderburg

• Elite Boss