Author Topic: Oblivion's Edge (a SaveCoH video) is live  (Read 3949 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Oblivion's Edge (a SaveCoH video) is live
« on: November 08, 2012, 06:03:22 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AAhnLEHQOA

Heavily inspired by and written for the SaveCoH movement, this project was made to be a quasi-response to NCsoft's "Thanks, but we're killing it anyway" statement from Oct 2. It follows the story of one Hero's journey as he faces his first real defeat and the frightening possibility of futility that it reveals to him. It also parallels the IRL CoH situation in subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) ways.

I originally had hoped that this would be released in time for the last DoubleXP weekend, but October had one too many surprises to toss my way.

As with the last video, I'm simply presenting it as-is, and SaveCoH folk may use and post it however they see fit.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: Oblivion's Edge (a SaveCoH video) is live
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:51:32 PM »
* DrakeGrimm gets out the chickens.

<.<

>.>
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:29:17 AM »
LOL I wanted to do something with the "chicken" taunt at the end of the credits, but with all the lost time of the past couple weeks I just couldn't spend anymore time on it.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:14:21 AM »
I recorded it to make you smile, snicker, and possibly even laugh. Mission accomplished. ;) That's good enough for me!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 01:54:11 PM »
That rocked
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 09:50:16 PM »
AWESOME....

Can't believe what you just did, great work. I'm baffled.

Kudos to everybody who participated, especially the Big Bad voice :D

I can't pinpoint it, did you have a special inspiration for him ? He does remind me of something, I just can't remember... At least the voice sounds like Simons from Deus Ex, but the face, the mask, blue skin... gah !
Yeeessss....

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 10:13:13 PM »
Masterpiece - this is exactly what City of Heroes is about! ;D

*applauds*

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 11:32:12 PM »
I can't pinpoint it, did you have a special inspiration for him ? He does remind me of something, I just can't remember... At least the voice sounds like Simons from Deus Ex, but the face, the mask, blue skin... gah !

I wish I knew the answer to that. It definitely didn't come from Deus Ex though. When I put out a request for that voice, I mentioned Voldemort and Bane as the closest I could think of to the idea I had for it. Vulpy sent me a demo and nailed what I had been imagining in my own mind. The "Big Evil" guy in general though is inspired by a nightmare that I had when I was very young, so maybe the voice actually came from him.

Though if anyone has any other thoughts on a character it reminds you of, chime in. Because it's entirely possible that I heard it somewhere and was only able to subconsciously call it up.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 12:58:57 PM »
I wish I knew the answer to that. It definitely didn't come from Deus Ex though. When I put out a request for that voice, I mentioned Voldemort and Bane as the closest I could think of to the idea I had for it. Vulpy sent me a demo and nailed what I had been imagining in my own mind. The "Big Evil" guy in general though is inspired by a nightmare that I had when I was very young, so maybe the voice actually came from him.

Though if anyone has any other thoughts on a character it reminds you of, chime in. Because it's entirely possible that I heard it somewhere and was only able to subconsciously call it up.
Okay so the voice the nearest I know is Walter Simons, and I nailed a similar color scheme for the face/armor: the Grand Pope from Saint Seiya, though I think I saw just the correct skin color in a similar helmet somewhere else.
Yeeessss....