Author Topic: And NC says...  (Read 75349 times)

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
Re: And NC says...
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2012, 10:59:52 PM »
i agree that this is standard PR crap to make it look like they are responding to our actions

This is not PR, actually. PR is invariably an active process, one which NCSoft has not at all fully demonstrated even a remote competency with.

Considering that they are only damaging, if not destroying, their own reputation, their best bet is to keep silent, lest they end up hampering themselves further.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2012, 11:00:19 PM »
The fight is far from over.  All this is doing is making me ready to fight harder.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2012, 11:02:19 PM »

No I uninstalled it because I have no intentions of playing it.
Sure they got my money for the game, but they will never see any money from me on their micro-transactions which I tend to spend a lot of (Well I did in CoH anyways). And as well all know after the initial boom of box sales...micro transactions are what will be supplying GW2 with a lot of it's revenue.

I know I am just one person, but this one person will not be feeding the MMO Killer that is NCSoft.

So... you're uninstalling Guild Wars, a game you already paid for, thus giving them money for a service that costs them nothing to provide? I say play the hell out of it 24/7 without paying a dime extra.  Consume server resources.

...or were you going to uninstall it, download it again, uninstall it again, etc, etc.... driving up their bandwidth costs? That might work as well... *

* I do not encourage malicious attacks like this- solo, organized, or part of a botnet storm.  As others have said, wait for word from the official parties and stay as positive.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2012, 11:05:18 PM »
No I uninstalled it because I have no intentions of playing it.
Sure they got my money for the game, but they will never see any money from me on their micro-transactions which I tend to spend a lot of (Well I did in CoH anyways). And as well all know after the initial boom of box sales...micro transactions are what will be supplying GW2 with a lot of it's revenue.

I know I am just one person, but this one person will not be feeding the MMO Killer that is NCSoft.
The greastest taunt you could show them is playing the hell of GW2 while not giving in the micro transaction. That's will not expand the turnover, but will surely up the expanses.
Yeeessss....

MishaFox

• Minion
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2012, 11:06:32 PM »
This really stinks. How can a company be so callus and uncaring about a game that has been running so long? The whole shut down from the first announcement stinks badly of being poorly managed and without a thought about the players feelings.

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2012, 11:10:22 PM »
Hello all, this is my forst post. I also see this statement as a piece of misinformation to dishearten us all and think becoming a member of this community is a good way of sending a message back.

I will be fighting on, i look forward to hearing more news soon.

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2012, 11:13:26 PM »
So... you're uninstalling Guild Wars, a game you already paid for, thus giving them money for a service that costs them nothing to provide? I say play the hell out of it 24/7 without paying a dime extra.  Consume server resources.

This is my thoughts on it. If you've already bought it, play it. Don't give them your money for nothing. Buying anything additional from them on the other hand is a different story. The more people they have playing without buying from the in game store the better. 
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2012, 11:17:11 PM »
This really stinks. How can a company be so callus and uncaring about a game that has been running so long? The whole shut down from the first announcement stinks badly of being poorly managed and without a thought about the players feelings.
A corporation has no feelings, so it can only be callus. That being said, the decisions make no sense from a business perspective. They are in effect throwing money away, due to some non-corporate ideology. This is not good for their stockholders.

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2012, 11:37:26 PM »
A corporation has no feelings, so it can only be callus. That being said, the decisions make no sense from a business perspective. They are in effect throwing money away, due to some non-corporate ideology. This is not good for their stockholders.

NCsoft is good at throwing money away, in fact, that's about all they're good at. Perhaps we should appeal to their stockholders then?
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2012, 11:38:34 PM »
NCsoft is good at throwing money away, in fact, that's about all they're good at. Perhaps we should appeal to their stockholders then?
That was one of the things that crossed my mind as well.
A possible future course for when it's deemed necessary?

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2012, 11:51:19 PM »
Have we heard anything from Brian Clayton? (Not just on this topic, but ANYTHING?)

I know that tone sounds sarcastic, but please know it isn't meant to be. I'm just curious if anybody could provide a link to the forums here where Brian has said something, as I'd be curious to read it. :)

Again...no sarcasm. I do hope Brian will chime in on this latest "news", but I'm also curious if he has said anything that I could read while I wait. :)

Thanks for any links!

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2012, 11:52:59 PM »
This is my thoughts on it. If you've already bought it, play it. Don't give them your money for nothing. Buying anything additional from them on the other hand is a different story. The more people they have playing without buying from the in game store the better.

I can respect Burnt Toast's decision here... the product is tainted by association. It doesn't matter how much fun it is to play, or how beautiful the visuals are, or how much you feel you're ripping them off by not using their cash shop... it's an NCsoft product. NOT an ArenaNet product... NCsoft. 'Nuff said.

To make a bad analogy, think of Gary Glitter. In the early 70s he made music that was brilliant, innovative, and influential, and still is, 40 years later. And then he had to go and get into his, uh... "extra-curricular activities". Doesn't matter now how brilliant he was Back In The Day, doesn't matter that the music was recorded long before he got into his, uh... "extra-curricular activities"; he's damaged goods, FOREVER. When "Rock 'n Roll Part II" comes on the radio (if you can find a station that will still play it) it's cringe-inducing.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2012, 11:54:07 PM »
The last I heard was that VV expected to hear from him on Sunday. If she posted something, I missed it.  Not hearing from her since this tells me that she's either where she can't access internet or trying to get something that she can tell us.  Tony has spoken positively, as expected, but he still appears to be trying to find out more.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2012, 11:59:35 PM »
Have we heard anything from Brian Clayton? (Not just on this topic, but ANYTHING?)

Is there even really a Brian Clayton? I keep hearing about this guy but I've never seen a direct statement from him, or even a photo. He's like the Keyser Soze of online gaming.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2012, 12:01:57 AM »
Is there even really a Brian Clayton? I keep hearing about this guy but I've never seen a direct statement from him, or even a photo. He's like the Keyser Soze of online gaming.
Haha, seriously.  I believe he is/was the general manager of Paragon Studios.

Mercedes Lackey (Victoria Victrix) has been in steady communication with him.  I think Tony as well, but I am unsure.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2012, 12:03:08 AM »

Ha1  I loves me a good Usual Suspects reference!  +2 Internets to you!  :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Heliphyneau

• Underling
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2012, 12:06:57 AM »
They do something like this whenever we're all fiesty. We were starting to flag a little and then Tim's video got us all fired up again (and we were all 'YAY LETS FIGHT GUYS'), and they announced the refunds and the sunset schedule of events and everyone was all like '..oh. Doooom.'

Now we're all Fansied up and getting a bunch of new interest and they've issued this.

Exactly -- they're trying to debuff us!   >:(  Pop some purples and let's go!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2012, 12:07:58 AM »
*rise to the challenge*

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »
*rise to the challenge*

* DrakeGrimm pounds chest, activating Integrated Healing
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV