Author Topic: Devs will stream live on @TwitchTV this Wednesday at 10:30AM PDT  (Read 13835 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Devs will stream live on @TwitchTV this Wednesday at 10:30AM PDT
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »
They're doing a good job of censoring now, but people were talking about missiles & other stuff.  It was nasty.

The worst thing I heard mentioned was a Warburg missile.

They don't hurt.

...much.

Adelante

• Boss
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2012, 06:18:17 PM »
There were some fairly racist things, at one point he gave someone a time out or something (I missed the comment, though).

I just left the stream, there was nothing left to say so I thanked him for coming on to do it and left.  I do appreciate him attempting to continue on with these community talks, it's not his fault there really is nothing new coming for CoH until NCSoft come to their senses.

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2012, 06:18:56 PM »
For the sake of the community: please stop the cultural "research" in your attempt to put blame on the game's cancelation.

It's sickening to see the community sink that low. It's worse to see the community does not get it.

I'm signing off and taking a break, blindly hope things change.

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »
There were some fairly racist things, at one point he gave someone a time out or something (I missed the comment, though).

I just left the stream, there was nothing left to say so I thanked him for coming on to do it and left.  I do appreciate him attempting to continue on with these community talks, it's not his fault there really is nothing new coming for CoH until NCSoft come to their senses.
The person asked Hit Streak to show a private part of his anatomy.
I got the impression NCSoft wanted him to reiterate their position.
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »
'Deciding to spend time with family' is code for 'I got my ass kicked out' in most business and employment situations.

It also can be code for "I was not able to take the bs anymore and quit."
For the sake of the community: please stop the cultural "research" in your attempt to put blame on the game's cancelation.

It's sickening to see the community sink that low. It's worse to see the community does not get it.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2012, 06:43:26 PM »
Ah yes, I suppose that's true as well.  Either way, I doubt Zwill left on very good terms with NCsoft.

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »
Well, with regard to missiles...

The fact is that NCSoft is a South Korean company, and military pressure of the United States government (or even threatening withdrawl, since S. Korea is genuinely threatened by N. Korea) would offer an extralegal way to keep CoH running. It's a threat, basically, a legal way of saying "you kill our game, we kill you." It need to have anything to do with racism.

That said, I don't think we should be advocating bloodshed unless it's either obviously in jest (and maybe not even then, although I admit that I myself am guilty here), or if we really do mean it...

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2012, 06:58:47 PM »

As someone who's been in a similar situation professionally before, I can completely understand that feeling.

Quinch

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2012, 07:05:54 PM »
One important thing to take away from this stream is this - Hit Streak mentioned that NCsoft actually has a team running to comb through all the emails and packages that are arriving and relaying information to the upper echelons. Which only means to keep up the influx - it may very well be the main way they're gauging our strength and persistence.

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
One important thing to take away from this stream is this - Hit Streak mentioned that NCsoft actually has a team running to comb through all the emails and packages that are arriving and relaying information to the upper echelons. Which only means to keep up the influx - it may very well be the main way they're gauging our strength and persistence.

Spot on, Yet another reason to pursue the effort. Believe it or not, we forced them out of their silence in an attempt to protect their corporate image. (all the "Sorry, we tried really hard and we love you very much" talk....). Because all in all, we are exposing them for what they are: corporation greed at its best and in the gaming industry which heavily relies on marketing: this is NOT a good thing to go around with a huge name tag that says "GAME KILLER".

So, keep writing, making noise, posting, use and abuse the #savecoh hashtag... and keep the spirits up: it is not over yet !
--

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »
As someone who's been in a similar situation professionally before, I can completely understand that feeling.

Yea, I guess you have to go thorugh it to understand it. I been there too. Although, in my case, I held my tongue for a bit, was lucky I found a job within 3 days of posting my resume and quit without having to take the BS or sign stupid NDAs.

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »

/Cynic mode on.

It may be his job to placate though. Those men may be called janitors and the "sorting" be code word for "taking the garbage out".

/Cynic mode off.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 07:41:51 PM »
I agree with the above thoughts that Zwill was possibly not fired, but left on his own because he couldn't take the BS any more and being forced to not tell us the truth. Not lying - I don't think he ever lied - but forced not to say anything on the most important things the community needs answers to. I can totally believe the inability to keep shoveling NCSoft's bullshit.

Hitstreak was also very uncomfortable. I think he's a puppet as well and is not liking it not one damn bit.

I watched the feed but left after about 15 minutes in when it was obvious that nothing substantial could be or would ever be said.

And I won't be watching any more of these if they ever have them. When all they are is variations on "No comment. I can't say anything about that. I have no information on that. And even if I did - no comment."

There's really no point in even having these video talks anymore or watching them.

The "coffee talks" are officially dead.

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »
I've got something a bit less high-minded than most of the other posts here.

I asked a question about ramping-up the Rikti Invasion during the final week to Apocolyptic levels so we could have a psudo-ending to the Paragon Story and he JUST started to answer it when my 4 month-old grand-daughter picked THAT moment to wake-up from her nap crying. By the time we were done with diaper and feeding the chat log couldn't even be scolled back to see the reaction to whatever he said. Anyone remember what the response to this question was?

rathe101

• Underling
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
I've got something a bit less high-minded than most of the other posts here.

I asked a question about ramping-up the Rikti Invasion during the final week to Apocolyptic levels so we could have a psudo-ending to the Paragon Story and he JUST started to answer it when my 4 month-old grand-daughter picked THAT moment to wake-up from her nap crying. By the time we were done with diaper and feeding the chat log couldn't even be scolled back to see the reaction to whatever he said. Anyone remember what the response to this question was?

It was basically 'yes, the Rikti are going to be the last event.' but nothing about a different event then normal..

Valjean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »
I'm furious at the way NCsoft is using Hitstreak. He's a good guy, and they're using him as a shill because they can't handle the heat. And they're not even giving him anything to help the players with.

JKCarrier

• Underling
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2012, 11:41:52 PM »
I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but I don't think NCSoft had anything to do with Hit Streak resuming the Coffee Talks. There was a thread last week on the official forums where people were saying how much they missed the chats, and HS jumped on to do one for old time's sake. By the end of that one, he was saying he'd try to keep them going for the duration. No ulterior motives required. (If anything, I'd expect NCSoft to NOT want him holding the chats, since that's just another venue for us to air our grievances against them).

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2012, 02:03:12 AM »
Sheesh, don't you guys know Anything about Jello?

All you need is Bill Cosby and some kids w/ spoons...
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2012, 02:28:29 AM »
Hail, Heroes!

Did anyone get a recording or know where to find said twitch show? I missed it due to some discrepancies with evil guys!