Author Topic: Help! Trying to rejoin CoH before it's too late  (Read 2379 times)

Volkai

• Underling
Help! Trying to rejoin CoH before it's too late
« on: September 26, 2012, 03:24:16 PM »
Hello there,

I played City of Heroes a long time ago, back when CoV was new, but dropped it because I couldn't find a good group of friends to play it with at the time. I set it down with the plan of coming back to it eventually, but I never did get around to it...

...until now. With the realization that if I don't get my butt back into CoH now, I may never be able to, I've gotten the Freedom client downloaded and I'm trying to get back into the game.

ANd this is where things have hit a snag. I'm not certain how I might be able to reactivate my old account; I've made a new NCSoft account but I don't know how to get it to work with CoH - the 'Create New Account' button on the login screen with the 'link to existing NCSoft account' checkbox checked, it pulls up a box that says "Sorry, the promotional account you have requested is no longer available".

Without that checkbox checked it prompts me to make a new NCSoft account, but does not provide any way to use that account to log into City of Heroes. Trying to log in using that NCSoft account provokes an 'incorrect login/password' alert.

Help!

(As an Addendum, I have tried to contact CoH support. Their chat support is only for billing and is only available Friday afternoon. Their email support autoresponded with an email that had the text of the farewell update from the website, and an alert that I would receive no further corresopndence unless I updated the query. Which it did not provide a method for doing, and it is not readily apparent how to do so. I've fired off a query to @CityOfHeroes but I doubt I'll receive a timely - or any - response.)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Help! Trying to rejoin CoH before it's too late
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 01:07:22 AM »
Just noting here that there's been some discussion on the wiki.

link

I'm not sure if there's a way to tie your old game account to a new NCsoft account without knowing the login for the old account.

If you can at least remember the login ID for the old account but not the password, you should be able to get a password reset for the account via NCsoft's support.  That would probably get you at least one step closer to accessing your old game account, if not grant you immediate access using the same password.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Roderick

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 08:57:38 AM »
Sadly, NCSoft has disabled all City of Heroes purchases, and expired all City of Heroes boxed set codes and game time cards.

That means that there's no way to create a new account, nor to resubscribe an old one.

If you can remember your old account info, or enough for Customer Support to help reset your password, you'll be able to log in on your old account as a Premium player, but that's the only way you'll be getting back into the game at this point.

Besst of luck! Hopefully, you'll be able to remember enough to get you logged in!

FeeFyeFoeFum

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 02:42:38 PM »
Yeah, I contacted support about getting a password reset on my main NCSoft account, took a few days but they did reset it for me (hadn't used it since Jan 2009). Once in, accessed my CoH account, had to change the password on that as well but once that was done, ran the launcher and I stepped back on the streets of Paragon.

FeeFye