Author Topic: Happening in *24 minutes* on Virtue. You *just might make it* if you hurry!  (Read 2403 times)

Sunlover

• Underling
[Disclaimer: I am NOT the official spokesperson for this event; this is merely a kindness passed along.]
Crazy event happening tonight on Virtue, blueside, btw...just for the zaniness of it:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Justice Girls, Virtue's premier all-female super group, want to know if you're tough enough to take on the craziest race in Paragon City -- The RANDOM STEEL CANYON BORDER RUN. It's a test for the brave and the bold -- make one lap around the edge of Steel Canyon ***with a level one toon*** [Cliff's notes: MAKE A NEW LEVEL ONE TOON if you don't have one!] using only sprint power and your wiles to survive. No other travel powers will be permitted on the course and violators will be immediately disqualified. The race will begin in front of the Steel Canyon hospital which means if you die on the course, you come right back to where you started.

Admission to the race requires ***a costume created by using the ever-interesting random button***, which means that looks will be interesting to say the least. There will be a costume contest with judges camped out along the course so you can stop and show off or run by and take your chances.

Why take part in this madness? For the prizes, of course. The winner of the race will receive five-hundred million in cold, hard influence to go along with their bragging rights. Second place will receive two-hundred million influence, third place will receive one-hundred million influence, and another one-hundred million influence will go to the winner of the costume contest. Random bonus prizes will also be rewarded to those who are first through the checkpoints. Music will be provided by Radio Paragon (radioparagon.com).

DATE: Saturday, October 6.

TIME: 8-11 p.m. EST (1 hr earlier for Central/Chicago/Texas and all in between, 2 hrs earlier for Mountain/Denver/Phoenix and "other", and 3 hrs earlier for Pacific/West Coasters)  That's in 24 minutes.

CONTESTS/COMPETITIONS: There's a race, a costume contest, trivia and general hilarity that comes with the challenge of running a level one toon in a neighborhood they have no business being in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That is all.  Hope you see some or many of you there!!!

- Me, aka @Sunlover
"You like that, don't you?" - DotEXE, "Hipster Cutthroat"

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
bah, i didn't make it...just got home, bummer

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
Wish this was advertised a lot more previous to it happening. Unfortunately JUST now getting home.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!

Teege

• Boss
Cheaters kinda soured this, unfortunately.

Shame those types of people get caught up in meaningful events, though such is life. Sounds like people had fun so that's the best part. Heard Fansy was there too?
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
As a racer?

If so, who knows. Everyone was on fresh alts.

I named mine "Tim's Cannonfodder" so there was a little bit of a connection at least.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Fansy was there. I was doing pretty well until I accidentally cut across a park, went back to the course, and got killed by a mob the main group had drawn out into the street. Thanks, guys!   ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Quinch

Um... it was?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5159.msg49736.html

Mike

Perhaps the thread should have been posted here instead of general discussion? Not everyone keeps track of all the forums. Also, this can be useful as well.