Author Topic: GamerZines and MMOZine Want to Interview TonyV  (Read 1439 times)

gribb85

• Underling
GamerZines and MMOZine Want to Interview TonyV
« on: October 10, 2012, 09:09:42 AM »
Hey guys,

I'd like to arrange an interview with the leader of the 'Save Paragon City' movement for this next issue of the digital MMORPG magazine, MMOZine. I loved City of Heroes back in its prime and I recently wrote about how much I'm going to miss one of the most creative MMOs out there when it's put out of service.

You can see both articles in last month's issue of MMOZine (www.gamerzines.com/downloads/magazines/MMOZine_42.pdf) and GamerZines.com (http://www.gamerzines.com/mmo/heroes-community-striving-survive.html), just to give you an idea of what I think about NCsoft's decision to can CoX.

I've tried to reach out to TonyV via a private PM but I'm guessing he's swimming in mail right now, so I just wanted to put the request here so that you guys can give him a friendly nudge that we really want to talk to him.

My apologies for raiding the forum, but I really want to give the efforts of the CoX community much attention than its currently getting and I think people mobilise behind one person faster than they do necessarily an entire group; hence the request to interview TonyV rather than a community wide appeal.

Thanks,

Andy Griffiths
Editor of MMOZine

P.S: Keep up the good fight guys!

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: GamerZines and MMOZine Want to Interview TonyV
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 09:39:31 AM »
I'm sure TonyV will see this thread, but I also recommend sending him a private message via these boards if you haven't already. He does get around to responding to them eventually. I suspect you're right about him swimming in mail.

I would also like to offer you the links on this site as additional references. The first is just a concerning trend, while the second is a brief overview of the situation and an invitation to members of the press (and anybody else, as well) to come see what the game's all about and the confluence of events happening on October 20th.

There have also been a few blog posts of note; at least one is linked in one of the press releases in that first link I posted. Another is here. You may also find this thread about just how family-friendly CoH is, this thread wherein the SaveCoH movement tries to buck up the spirits of a forumite and her sick father in CoH's last weeks, and the testimonials thread to be useful and interesting resources.

I hope this helps!

gribb85

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 10:21:37 AM »
Thanks Segev, those links are really helpful.

I've been keeping an eye on the efforts of you guys since the very beginning, just after the petition was formed, so I'm aware of most of the current developments, but those links helped fill in the blanks.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 03:44:56 PM »
We've passed this to Tony, so he'll see it.

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »
Thank you for going through the effort to reach out to us for information.