Author Topic: NCSoft Stockwatch  (Read 714369 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: NCSoft Stockwatch
« Reply #980 on: December 19, 2012, 10:37:26 AM »
My bad.  The one day chart page at Reuters mentions the exchanged closed on the 19th for a national holiday.  Didn't notice that before and yes, it's because of election day.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #981 on: December 19, 2012, 01:50:13 PM »
Came across this on a Facebook page. Thought i'd post it here as it may have some effect on NC stock ( not completely certain about that but hey ).

http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/12/lineage-ii-new-europe-server-suffers-mass-account-bans/

Seems quite a lot of accounts on a new Lineage II server have been randomly banned for apparently no reason and that is never good for business.

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #982 on: December 19, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
Came across this on a Facebook page. Thought i'd post it here as it may have some effect on NC stock ( not completely certain about that but hey ).

http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/12/lineage-ii-new-europe-server-suffers-mass-account-bans/

Seems quite a lot of accounts on a new Lineage II server have been randomly banned for apparently no reason and that is never good for business.
Oh NCSoft/Nexon...when will you learn to stop screwing over your playerbase?
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #983 on: December 19, 2012, 05:35:39 PM »
Hopefully not until they declare bankrupcy. :p
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #984 on: December 19, 2012, 06:09:15 PM »
Hopefully not until they declare bankrupcy. :p

They already appear morally bankrupt.

Does that count?
Woo! - Argent Girl

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #985 on: December 19, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
They already appear morally bankrupt.

Does that count?

Unfortunately, no.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #986 on: December 19, 2012, 06:21:55 PM »

Which appears on the surface a automated script that ran amuck.  Reminds me of the great AE ban or before mARTY was fine tuned.

Looking around in their forums I found this post from their CM.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:30:00 PM by FatherXmas »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #987 on: December 19, 2012, 09:12:11 PM »
I like how after that post there's not a single post saying thanks, it's fixed now. Every last one is either saying the CM is flat wrong and they're still banned when they presumably shouldn't be, or people complaining about bots. :p

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #988 on: December 19, 2012, 09:16:31 PM »
Totally off-topic tangent, but the comment about people complaining about 'bots made my brain jump to this:

An MMO that uses the Transformers IP and reports hundreds of thousands of player characters, each actually controlled by a 'bot.

"Robots in Disguise."

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #989 on: December 20, 2012, 12:28:30 AM »
Totally off-topic tangent, but the comment about people complaining about 'bots made my brain jump to this:

An MMO that uses the Transformers IP and reports hundreds of thousands of player characters, each actually controlled by a 'bot.

"Robots in Disguise."

A friend of mine has a status message indicating they got an A in a class for programming a robotic car.

If these bots can do that too (the car bit, not the programming bit) then I am behind you 500%.

Transform, and roll out!
Woo! - Argent Girl

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #990 on: December 20, 2012, 01:40:46 AM »
http://guildwars2pc.com/2012/guild-wars-2-daily-news-34000-bot-accounts-banished-in-november-purge/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_39659

Larry: Well that is the thing; my money laundering theory depends upon bots like that. You create bots to go buy stuff then delete the account. The items and money are not refunded, they are erased, leaving NCsoft ultimately with stacks of untracable money.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #991 on: December 20, 2012, 01:46:06 AM »
[Spock]
Fascinating.
[/Spock]
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #992 on: December 20, 2012, 07:29:41 AM »
looks like ncsofts stock took another nosedive really recently, its down about 6% at 147,500 won, which is only about 6500 won above their 52 week low

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #993 on: December 20, 2012, 07:36:23 AM »
looks like ncsofts stock took another nosedive really recently, its down about 6% at 147,500 won, which is only about 6500 won above their 52 week low
I'm starting to wonder if we need an NCLimp stock price drinking game at this rate... ;)

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #994 on: December 20, 2012, 07:37:55 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if we need an NCLimp stock price drinking game at this rate... ;)

Do you *want* alcohol poisoning??
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #995 on: December 20, 2012, 08:37:58 AM »
Do you *want* alcohol poisoning??

This. You can kiss your liver goodbye within the first hour.

DROP up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, DROP, down, down, down, SUDDEN RISE,up, down, up, down, up, down, up...
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #996 on: December 20, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »

I need to be sober to work....
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #997 on: December 20, 2012, 11:16:45 AM »
I need to be sober to work....

But... you're a writer!

<clings to whiskey bottle lovingly>

Remember the Hemingway tradition! *hic*
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #998 on: December 20, 2012, 12:38:50 PM »
The latest  stock pricing has me cackling maniacally.  They're almost back to Dec 6th levels of stock price suckitude.  Right now, they're as bad off as they were on Apr 20, 2010.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #999 on: December 20, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »
*presses button labeled "Canned Mad Scientist Laughter #0172"*
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.