Author Topic: Disaster Trailer  (Read 3115 times)

voodoogirl

Disaster Trailer
« on: September 08, 2012, 01:36:14 AM »
I can't guarantee I will be able to finish it, but I am trying to use Blender to create a "disaster movie" trailer to bring awareness to the closing of COH and the #SAVECOH campaign. I will try to keep you all posted as I quickly try to ghetto master Blender.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Disaster Trailer
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 04:08:15 AM »
I can't guarantee I will be able to finish it, but I am trying to use Blender to create a "disaster movie" trailer to bring awareness to the closing of COH and the #SAVECOH campaign. I will try to keep you all posted as I quickly try to ghetto master Blender.

I think that these kinds of projects will bring a LOT of attention to our efforts.  We live in a visual society, and while walls of text will get us part of the way there, multimedia efforts tend to really capture people's attention.  Thanks for posting this!

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 06:03:41 AM »
I think that these kinds of projects will bring a LOT of attention to our efforts.  We live in a visual society, and while walls of text will get us part of the way there, multimedia efforts tend to really capture people's attention.  Thanks for posting this!
I agree.  Your average person doesn't want to read, they want to watch.  That's why news articles run less than 500 words the majority of the time.  It matters.

Go with this.  If pictures are worth a thousand words, a video is worth a whole lotta math I don't wanna do :P

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 05:14:07 AM »
I agree.  Your average person doesn't want to read, they want to watch.  That's why news articles run less than 500 words the majority of the time.  It matters.

Go with this.  If pictures are worth a thousand words, a video is worth a whole lotta math I don't wanna do :P
Which is probably why I'll watch a Comic book movie, but never got into the comics. :-p
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

voodoogirl

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 01:38:30 PM »
I have the ideas worked out but I am just trying to quickly as I can learn all the effects I want to use. I've got dissolves covered, now I'm learning smoke as fast as I can, and then finally the fracturing scripts.

voodoogirl

voodoogirl

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 11:52:01 PM »

voodoogirl

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 02:11:10 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edEbhIr-Lh4 [Teaser Trailer]

Not anywhere near the final video, but some tests and title card renderings I've done. Music is the "Atlas Park Fanfare" by Omnious Voice.

voodoogirl

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 01:52:19 AM »

A frame from one of the clips I rendered last night.

Render112

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 03:13:15 AM »
That looks really cool! I hope you are able to finish it.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 03:48:04 AM »
So THIS is why you wanted a script to get rid of all the FX bits! Looks great!

Deathmint

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 03:53:47 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this. I'll be sure to spread the word when it's out!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 04:22:00 AM »
Wow, I had no idea Blender could do things like that. Very stylized, like some of the specialFX-heavy commercials I see these days. I like.

voodoogirl

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 04:45:58 AM »
So THIS is why you wanted a script to get rid of all the FX bits! Looks great!

Yes :) It saved me a TON of time of individually deleting hundreds of small square planes (like the kind on the planted tree) from around characters. Faces, hands, hair, and such were getting deleted in the process of doing it manually.

voodoogirl

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 11:35:17 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73LBaUpGpRI&feature=youtu.be

A clip I rendered after spending four days on a failed tornado sequence. A villain sequence pulled from Grandville on Live.