Author Topic: French Media coverage  (Read 3569 times)

Liberties

• Minion
French Media coverage
« on: September 11, 2012, 12:26:42 AM »
Hey, This wasn't in the google doc, so I figured I would post it here

http://www.pcworld.fr/jeux-video/actualites,fermeture-mmorpg-city-of-heroes,531375,1.htm

I am fairly certain it's the same as the PC World article, just in french, but my french is a lil rusty...

Also, not directly City related perhaps, but...

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/27/3272885/nexon-america-ceo-steps-down-returns-to-korea
and
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ncsoft-deflects-blame-for-11-000-guild-wars-2-password-hacks/0102601

NC Soft keeps digging a hole for themselves, and I think they are planning on placing blame on the former Nexon head perhaps?
Time will tell, I swear this is getting better then my stories ;) (that's a joke son...)

~Elvnsword/@Liberties

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:23:51 PM by John Phaser »

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Re: French Media coverage
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:28:21 PM »
John, would you be able to write some helpful 'thanks for covering this story!' type phrases in French so I can copy and paste them to the article? I'd like to thank them for their coverage, but I'm afraid I'll end up telling people that the hippopotamus is in the tree, or something :D
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 05:15:09 PM »
Thanks so much for all these links. I've added them to the spreadsheet. If you find any others please feel free to share them and I'll make sure I get them up quickly.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 05:19:50 PM »
Maressa, could you add a column marking the foreign language articles perhaps? I'm willing to try to comment on them if I know what language they are in. Like Vork, I speak "all of them", or at least all of them that Google Translate knows. I worry a little about creating an international incident, but those can be fun, too.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »
I've made a note of it next to every non English article which language they're in. Is it not very obvious? If not I can change it up so let me know.

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:41:23 PM by John Phaser »

Myriade

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »
Good to see people from my sg reacting and acting finally. Maybe I was not shouting in vain.
Good boy, John, good boy... (drop the whip).

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 09:13:12 PM »
I've made a note of it next to every non English article which language they're in. Is it not very obvious? If not I can change it up so let me know.

I'm old, I miss things.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 09:19:16 PM »

And becareful about Google Translator ^^

Well, yeah. Though I DID get away with using it for my russian emigre hero for a long time. THough back then I was using IMtranslator, not Google Translate. Then one night I ran into someone who was russian, and delighted to hear someone using a little russian now and again.

He struck up a conversation in tells. This went on for maybe 10 minutes, with me madly cutting and pasting. Finally he says (translated from russian, of couse),

"Your russian is fairly good, but I can tell you are not native, you have an odd turn of phrase now and again."

I responded. "Why, thank you. That is good to hear, because I don't know more than a word or two of russian. Yelena does, but I don't."

Next tell - "But, what, how? You speak it quite acceptably!"

My response. "Well, no, I don't speak russian at all. My computer does using IMtranslator, but not I."

We both agreed that it was pretty funny. I've also successfully gamesmastered in a language I don't speak using cut and paste machine translation. So far I've not caused any major international incidents, but I'm still trying. (wink)

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 10:48:21 AM »
Other recent articles in french about the mobilisation ("the mobilisation for city of heroes does not waver" in Tetoro's Lair Blog, also available in french. Tetoro is a french student in english and korean languages.) :

http://www.gamekult.com/blog/tetoro/202634/la-mobilisation-pour-city-of-heroes-ne-sessouffle-pas.html
http://www.telepro.be/affiche_news/17175/une_manif_virtuelle_contre_la_fermeture_d%E2%80%99un_jeu.html

French Tetoro's blog speaking about the end of CoH :

http://tetoros-lair.blogspot.fr/2012/09/la-fermeture-de-city-of-heroes.html
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 04:17:14 PM by John Phaser »

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 12:11:25 PM »
Those of you that have been spending time rounding up our story in other languages? You have my sincere appreciation. It's good to know that our story has torque even in other parts of the world.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 03:10:02 AM by John Phaser »

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 07:07:56 PM »
Those of you that have been spending time rounding up our story in other languages? You have my sincere appreciation. It's good to know that our story has torque even in other parts of the world.
Yeah, this.  Thanks to everyone helping out.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:31 AM »
I've now updated the media coverage spreadsheet with these. I also created a new list in the sheet because the last one was getting a bit messy.

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 11:06:50 AM »
Wait we got a google doc did I miss something D: Can someone point me to this?

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 11:14:57 AM »
We've had one going for some time. There are several tabs worth of articles. Enjoy! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjrAo1HdYNiddGFha0dnTzF3OEE2Nm4wUlRwSWlMRmc