Author Topic: Call to Action: Contact NCsoft Directly  (Read 63340 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Call to Action: Contact NCsoft Directly
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2012, 08:20:36 PM »
The thing about Pandora's Box is that, in the end, the last thing to come out was Hope.
Technically, hope was the only thing that did not escape from the box. ;)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2012, 08:42:24 PM »
Technically, hope was the only thing that did not escape from the box. ;)
Fair enough. The story gets told in a few ways with slight variants on interpretation. The version I was going for was that Hope was also out there to combat all the rest of the horrors, whether you take that as holding on to Hope in the box so we still have it or Hope also getting out to counterbalance the rest.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2012, 08:44:37 PM »
Hey all, I just updated the top post with another communication I received.

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »
Hey all, I just updated the top post with another communication I received.

I'm glad they gave us a proper channel to communicate to them through, and that you were able to secure such, which I imagine was harder than it sounds.

Fair enough. The story gets told in a few ways with slight variants on interpretation. The version I was going for was that Hope was also out there to combat all the rest of the horrors, whether you take that as holding on to Hope in the box so we still have it or Hope also getting out to counterbalance the rest.

>.> I didn't mean to make us argue over my uninspired turn of phrase.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
That new email is pretty double-edged. It could mean one of two things.

A. It's real, and someone actually intends on reading anything we put there.
B. It's a spam folder.

Yeah, I'm a pessimist, but I've been given very few legitimate reasons in my life to trust businesses.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2012, 08:57:32 PM »
As Tony said, they didn't need to make it. If they just wanted to ignore it, they could have just ignored it.

It still could be a spam folder...but it's effort they put into making it.

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »
That new email is pretty double-edged. It could mean one of two things.

A. It's real, and someone actually intends on reading anything we put there.
B. It's a spam folder.

Yeah, I'm a pessimist, but I've been given very few legitimate reasons in my life to trust businesses.

Honestly it's more likely the first. NCSoft has had a long standing habit of silence in this matter, and it seems weird they'd break that to give us a spam folder. All they'd really have to do at this point is change their CEO's email addresses and move on. Which is probably something it'd be smart for them to do every few years anyways, if just to avoid compromising leaks of sensitive information.

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2012, 09:03:13 PM »
... So should we resend messages to the new address?

In case the other ones got deleted?
- Omega Mk. V

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2012, 09:11:02 PM »
Couldn't hurt.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
Darn it TA, *sniff*  You made me cry all over again.

*hugs*  I remember when you moved to CA to be with Sassy.

Glad they gave us a way to communicate.  I've tried handwriting but after my first sentence my hand starts cramping.  Filling a page too hard.

Typing, this I can do!  Didn't feel comfortable writing to those  addresses, though.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2012, 09:28:43 PM »
I sent my message to the new, sanctioned, e-mail address. I feel much better about using this route of communication than about e-mailing a CEO directly.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2012, 09:44:56 PM »
Don't feel too bad about it, people have been writing directly to CEOs to air their grievances for as long as corporations have existed. Even before email they would send postal mail. I'd almost go as far to say that it's the American Way!

I'm sure that's part of why CEOs typically get paid so much. In a way, it's their job.

<philosophy101>After all, having someone to hold accountable for its actions is one of the few slivers of humanity that keeps big companies from fully becoming faceless, amoral entities.</philosophy101>

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2012, 02:46:29 AM »
Well, I've sent a mail to the new address myself.

More! Send more!  Even if they're trashing them they're probably keeping track of the count!

ObsidianPhoenix76

• Lieutenant
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2012, 03:03:02 AM »
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:04:28 AM by ObsidianPhoenix76 »

ObsidianPhoenix76

• Lieutenant
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2012, 03:04:14 AM »
The above letter is what I will be sending to the address Tony provided.  As Tony said, they did not have to set up another email address just for this.  We are making a difference!

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2012, 04:19:56 AM »
UPDATE (Tuesday, September 18)

Hey all, good news.  As I indicated in my update yesterday, I asked for an e-mail address that we could use to send messages to NCsoft without interfering with company operations.  Today, I received the following: "I asked about setting up a monitored email address for players to be able to communicate with NCsoft, and one has been created at: COHSunset@ncsoft.com."  (Emphasis mine.)

Now I know that some of you are thinking, "But that wont do any good!" but I'd like to point out that 1) you don't know that, and 2) they most certainly did not have to do this; I appreciate that not only did they, but they did it very quickly, which shows to me that they are listening.  I honestly believe that someone will be reading these messages.  Accordingly, please don't use it to grind your ax at NCsoft or e-mail bomb it.  If you do, that will most certainly assure that it gets redirected to a black hole never to be read again, which would be screwing over your fellow players, not NCsoft.
Okay... THAT is reassuring!

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2012, 04:44:41 AM »
Okay... THAT is reassuring!

*hugs*
I don't think we've ever played together, but I'll fight by your side without pause.
Thank you for sharing your story.
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Hydrith

• Underling
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2012, 08:44:09 AM »
Just a lurker having spotted an email address, so I typed out my own letter to NCSoft.  I'd join y'all in game, but between work and school, I have no free time to do so  :(

Anyhow, here's the letter:

To whom it may concern,

I am a concerned gamer.  For the last 7-8 years, I have invested over a thousand dollars (and many hours) into playing City of Heroes, since the Beta of City of Heroes, through the City of Villains release (and Beta).  After this time frame, I became an infrequent subscriber, jumping from game to game, but oft times returning to City of Heroes 3-4 times per year.  I bought all of the costume packs that came out, many of the powersets that were released, and even after the game went Free to Play, I still came back as a paying subscriber on many an occasion.

I have created hundreds of characters, and have never maxed one out, as the process of making characters is by far one of the most innovative in the industry (of Massively Multiplayer Online Games).  My highest level character only made it to 37, had I focused on him, he might have made fifty 10 times over, with all the time invested in designing characters.  This alone, in my opinion, makes the game one of the best available on the market.

Beyond that, the next best thing about City of Heroes (over other games on the market) is it's community.  You've met them.  They've sent written letters to your executives.  They've rallied from across the world, through the internet, to show their displeasure in regards to your decision.  I stand with them, hoping that you will make a decision here in the near future, that allows this community to continue onward.  At the very least, consider releasing the Intellectual Property to the developers who have continued to advance the game to it's current point, to take it somewhere where it will continue to be appreciated.

Your company's realignment should not be cause to end one of your strongest games to date in Western Countries. Many players here (in the US, I've found) find the grinding action games of Lineage and Aion to be boring and incapable of soothing their MMO itch.  With the combination of a strong community, dedicated developers, free-from gameplay, and ground-breaking character development system, it remains probably one of the most innovative games of it's time, and puts to shame many other games on the market.  Most certainly, all games within the same genre.

I ask very plainly:  please, do not end what has become one of my most favorite games ever.  Even if you choose to do so, please release the game to it's developers, so that they might try to let it live on.  Your actions here in the next few months will have a staggering effect on the gaming market, as many prospective players will watch with either joy or horror as the game they have come to love comes to a bitter end, or a happy ending.  I cannot guess what would happen to the embittered, but know that the grateful are a far kinder audience than those with a bone to pick.

Many thanks for your time,

Kevin Fee
a.K.a Ironcyte, Virtue Server

CapaDevans

• Minion
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »
Resent my emails to that address.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project