Author Topic: Call to Action: Vote in Massively Poll  (Read 4269 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Call to Action: Vote in Massively Poll
« on: September 10, 2012, 10:36:24 PM »
Hey all, here's a really quick and easy one.  Gaming news outlet Massively has posted a Fight for City of Heroes or Let It Go poll.  For easy typing in your in-game chat windows, you can also access it at tinyurl.com/savecohpoll.

Voting takes about as long as popping a blue, but I ask you to do more.  Spread the word.  Share it on Facebook and Twitter.  Tell your friends.  Broadcast it in-game.  Set it to your supergroup message.  Massively is a BFD.  Winning in this poll isn't even close to being good enough.  I know it's not any kind of scientific poll, but the impression things like this makes counts.  We need it stacked so heavily in our favor that whoever asked the question will think, "Wow, what was I thinking?"

Don't let people make claims up out of thin air like, "City of Heroes wasn't making money," or another nasty one, "It's past it's prime, let it go with dignity."  Ugh.  Tell them to read the financial reports and study business concepts such as strategic alignment and resource allocation.  Tell them that these are legitimate reasons to take actions like what NCsoft did, even if City of Heroes is in the black, which it was.  Point out that for most practical purposes, World of Warcraft is the same age as City of Heroes (technically, CoH predates WoW by seven months).  If City of Heroes is long in the tooth, does that mean that World of Warcraft is too?  Should Blizzard be shutting down their flagship game just because someone has this weird notion that at eight years, it's time for your swan song?

Try to appeal to people who just go with, "Meh, I never liked the game anyway."  The short answer is, so?  I don't like World of Warcraft, but I'm not champing at the bit to see it destroyed and its community stripped of the hard work and effort they have poured into the game.  I think that would be absolutely heinous, and it boggles my mind that someone would want a game with a thriving community shut down simply because they don't care for it.  In short, okay, you don't like it, but what did we do to you to make you actively want to kill it?

Read my post "Call to Action Information: Our message" for more thoughts on how to approach different audiences and make them care about City of Heroes.

But more than anything, go there and vote, and spread the word!

castorcorvus

• Lieutenant
Re: Call to Action: Vote in Massively Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »
So far it is 89% in favor to keep it up. 11% say to shut it down. What say we turn those numbers into 95% and 5%? That is the minimum I say. Spread the word.

Juncyard

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »
Come on folks, vote it up!

Its down to 83% in favor of saving.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 11:37:59 PM »
Super easy.  Keep at it guys!

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 11:54:23 PM »
At 85.1% as of 5:00 PM PST, Sept. 10. :)

Let's keep it up!

Ice Knight

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 12:14:41 AM »
Looks like we have a slight climb Keep being positive all!

Save City of Heroes!
1047 (86.2%)

Let City of Heroes go!
167 (13.8%)

tattooedprincess

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 12:21:09 AM »
/voted. Also, re-tweeted and posted on the various FB pages.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 01:28:40 AM »
Done, and spreading it around...

TinFoil

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 01:38:59 AM »
This poll was put up for our benefit (assuming), so we need to be sure and take advantage of it. Voted and now I'm spreading the word.

A Side Leader

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 03:20:33 AM »

Leaderboard: Fight for City of Heroes or let it go
Save City of Heroes!   1808 (89.0%)
Let City of Heroes go!   223 (11.0%)
This is where we were at 9:20 Denver time on 9/10/2012
Just for update

Imperial1

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 03:28:20 AM »
8:25 Pm PST

1822 for saving

225 for not saving

a little one sided but, i am okay with this.
vary okay with this.

but i have to ask one question (and try not to take this the wrong way)
does NC Soft Care?
i mean this feels like there looking for a write off and/or a tax break concidering how and when they decided to close the studio.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 03:29:33 AM »
Every positive light we can cast on the game right now gives additional fuel to any ongoing talk with NCsoft to buy or lease the IP.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 11:30:04 AM »
Indeed. Numbers this morning still running heavily in our favor, as of this moment

Save City of Heroes!
2459 (89.0%)

Let City of Heroes go!
305 ((11.0%)

Honestly I am a bit surprised, I thought based on 30+ years of exposure a lot more than 11% of gamers were... jerks. (grin) Less than that, really, it is not truly an unrealistic assessment of the situation in some ways, especially if you haven't played CoH and/or don't bother to understand the full scenario.

From some of the comments, some of them are just voting to "let it go" to be contrary, but a significant number think it was losing money or was badly outdated. Them we can bring around, and I suspect if some of the more thoughtful of them read the comments they may regret their vote.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 02:00:18 AM »
Today it looks like this

Save City of Heroes!

3477 (89.2%)

Let City of Heroes go!

421 (10.8%)

Lithy

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 07:11:29 PM »
Sept 18, the totals are:
Save City of Heroes!         3646 (89.5%)
Let City of Heroes go!   426 (10.5%)

we're creeping up slowly.

steve1967

• Minion
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 08:12:28 PM »
Umm, I must be clueless, but I don't see how to vote.  I logged into the comment section but don't see a way to cast a vote.  Is it over?  Am I missing something obvious?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 08:16:25 PM »
I thought the same thing but then figured I'd already voted on it and just forgot that I did. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 09:23:35 PM »
I believe it has closed. I could be mistaken, however.

That said, 89.5% voted to fight for city. I've said this before and I will say it again.

I AM PROUD OF YOU GUYS! Never in my life have I been more proud of my community than I am right now, in these darkest of days. Our conviction, our strength of character, and our commitment to supporting each other has never been stronger. Keep it up guys!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV