Author Topic: Game Status?  (Read 5839 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Game Status?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 05:33:13 PM »
All sorts of possibilities right now, including this being a follow on 'response' to  TonyV 'direct' campaign.

The more I am seeing of NCSoft right now, the less I like them.

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 05:44:07 PM »
"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

This. Someone in Austin probably spilled their coffee. Used to happen all the time. Nothing to see here folks.
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 08:57:13 PM »
Remember, folks, we are on BARE BONES staff right now.  There is probably one poor guy trying to keep up all the servers and do whatever NCSoft wants him to do in order to close everything down on the 30th.  Glitches will be and they will take hideous amounts of time to fix.

The conspiracy theorist in me says NCSoft is planning this to discourage us from playing out our last days and edge us towards another of their games.

The realist says, never ascribe to conspiracy what can be attributed to "don't give a damn."
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »
The realist says, never ascribe to conspiracy what can be attributed to "don't give a damn."
And the realist in me says that from the comments left on Glassdoor, that poor schmuck who's manning the server farm is probably sympathetic to our cause.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 09:02:28 PM »
I doubt having our servers close early at this point will make any of us be like 'WELL GUILD WARS 2 TIME", so I doubt it's malice, and just the fact that basically nobody is developing or maintaining the game anymore.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 09:05:02 PM »
My intention wasn't to pass out tin-foil hats, in fact I would have made my post on the official forums but they too were down at the time. Technology never will be perfect and I remember when I ran an "educational WoW server" I too had random stuff happen. Good news is we're still up and running and can continue enjoying the game.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
What seems odd to me though, is that seemingly the game AND the forums were down at the same time.

CFIndustries

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 09:11:54 PM »
And the realist in me says that from the comments left on Glassdoor, that poor schmuck who's manning the server farm is probably sympathetic to our cause.  :)
Given that some [Admin] keeps respawning Atlas 33 and saying "Long live AP33!" when s/he does it, I'm going to go with the above.  8)

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 09:19:25 PM »
I wish we knew who exactly was doing that, because they too deserve to have a dinner paid for them. Again it's the little things...

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 09:27:45 PM »
This is our City. These are our Admins, our Developers, our people. They--and you--are part of why I am so proud to call myself a member of this community.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 03:52:50 AM »
I wish we knew who exactly was doing that, because they too deserve to have a dinner paid for them. Again it's the little things...

Next time one of us is there when he says "Long Live AP33", quickly send a tell offering to buy him a round. (grin)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 03:57:42 AM »

If they talk in the admin channel, it will show a character name, even if it's just a throwaway one they created. Type "/getglobalname theirname" to find out who it is.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2012, 03:58:18 AM »
If I could I would. AP33 has become one of many symbols we use and they realize what it means to us and take the time to keep it going. I think it's great!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2012, 05:07:47 AM »
What seems odd to me though, is that seemingly the game AND the forums were down at the same time.

If they're on the same machine or in the same farm and something went poof there and there's a skeleton crew, it's not all that unsurprising.

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 07:52:56 AM »
This is our City. These are our Admins, our Developers, our people. They--and you--are part of why I am so proud to call myself a member of this community.

+1 for truth, Drake.