Author Topic: Weekly Mini-Rally: Unity Costume Contest (Virtue Server)  (Read 1583 times)

Paula

• Minion
Weekly Mini-Rally: Unity Costume Contest (Virtue Server)
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:51:41 PM »
UNITY RALLY COSTUME CONTEST
DATE: Saturday (Starting September 15th, then weekly as possible)
TIME: 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific
WHERE: Virtue Server Winter Chalet (via Pocket D)

Should the chalet be closed on Virtue again, we'll plan for "regular" Pocket D"

PRIZES:
3rd Prize: 25 million INF
2nd Prize: 50 million INF
1st Prize: 100 million INF

THEMES:
9/15/12: Favorite NPC Hero/Hero Group
9/22/12: Favorite NPC Villain/Villain Group
9/29/12: Historic Heroes
Future week themes TBA...

I received some generous donations for costume contests the night of the original rally, but people were so caught up in the Rally etc. that turnout was minimal for my first one as well as the "major/scheduled" one later that night, so I decided to do just the one and schedule more later as a weekly event!  So this Saturday night will be the first weekly CC, to be held for as many weeks as I have prizes to hand out, after which time the contest will continue but the prizes will have to be adjusted.  (At this rate I'm good at these prizes through Sept 29th.)   If you would like to donate prize INF I will happily accept it at @Paula.  Please let me know what you would like me to announce as "Sponsored by", or if you'd like to remain anonymous.

Other volunteers to judge and give prizes are VERY welcome!  This isn't my costume contest, this is our costume contest!

People keep asking for regular get-togethers to keep engaged, so all are welcome to come over to participate or even just observe.  Thanks, and see you ingame!

COH forums cross-post link
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:52:16 AM by Paula »

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
Re: Call to Action: Unity Rally Costume Contest (Virtue Server)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 05:57:27 PM »
I have some donations to contribute.  I'll PM you tonigh when I can get in-game and check my storage bins.  Might also be able to make it to be a judge, but cannot guarantee that.

Paula

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 02:43:14 PM »
Sorry for the delay, thanks for the donations!  I'd love to have help judging, I have a kinda pathological level of problem with making decisions like this.  But with my schedule and stuff going on, this is the level of visibility-help I can give, so I'm tackling my fear-of-choosing with courage!  ;)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 02:47:02 PM »
I'm working on more. Thankfully, people are still using Wentworth's/the Black Market.  :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Paula

• Minion
Weekly Mini-Rally: Unity Costume Contest (Virtue Server)
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »
Thanks once again!  I'm lousy at fundraising, and I'd like to not to have to resort to "prize" ideas like "Have your picture taken with Paula and her old City Hall Supervisor, Bob the Supergroup Registrar!"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:01:35 PM by Paula »