Author Topic: Google AdWords?  (Read 1151 times)

Grower

• Underling
Google AdWords?
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:31:54 AM »
I'm hesitant to suggest at this point the spending of more money before we know whether or not we have to do crowd funding.

But...

I have noticed that we have some very active and very talented banner artists/animators.  And we have an entire thread of testimonials, many of which can be condensed down into a few lines.

As I surf the web and see numerous EvE Online, GW2 and other MMO ads which are being targetted at me because of the sites I visit.  Why shouldn't I be seeing SaveCoH ads?  I can see this finished product in my mind, but I don't have the talents myself to produce banners worthy of our cause (mine would be made in MS Paint or something equally uninspiring)

Thought I would make the suggestion and see what people think?

EDIT: I should point out at this point that we are not charged unless people click on the ads, and we can set the level of penetration (and therefore expense) ourselves.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: Google AdWords?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 09:55:42 PM »
I suggested an ad in a trade magazine, such as Game Informer or the like, but their publication cycle wouldn't allow for it. AdWords would be more immediate, but, as you said, the penetration gets expensive.  Myself, I've gotten very good at just tuning them out, although Google has gotten more savvy at making you work harder to tell what's just an ad, lately.  It's not a bad idea.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

@RedHeaded StepChild

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:47:01 PM »
IDK, we raised over $1000 in 3 hours to treat Paragon Studios to lunch. We could give it one hell of a trial run with that amount of money.

Grower

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 05:00:29 AM »
Apparently they give you $75 to try it out when you sign up.

I guess these are just the text ads though.  I was under the impression it was banner ads too.  Not sure how much those would be.  Probably more.