Author Topic: Seattle does have heroes!  (Read 6682 times)

Premmy

• Underling
Sticking it to the man, and all that.
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 01:48:33 AM »
Realize that most of my work is for charity and community outreach, and as much as I love the game, using my RLSH image to promote a product is a bit Booster Gold...
Think of it less as promoting a product and more as standing up against corporate abuse of the little guy, Creator ownership, things like that.
80 people just suddenly lost their jobs. Jobs they loved. 80 people who just spent almost a decade of their life creating something now have no say in the fate of their creation.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Sticking it to the man, and all that.
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 02:40:00 AM »
Think of it less as promoting a product and more as standing up against corporate abuse of the little guy, Creator ownership, things like that.
80 people just suddenly lost their jobs. Jobs they loved. 80 people who just spent almost a decade of their life creating something now have no say in the fate of their creation.

Amen brother.

And if you need more incentive, check the Testimonials thread.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
Re: Seattle does have heroes!
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 10:41:15 AM »
I might suggest some slightly less controversial members of the Real World Heroes types...There's been some not-so-good press on Phoenix Jones in particular. However, it IS worth reaching out to the organization as a whole. (There is SOME organization, if I recall correctly...)

Most of his negative press, however, has been "look at this idiot that thinks he's a superhero" which isn't too far from the negative press (the so far little of it) we're getting: "look at these idiots nerdraging over a video game". Yes, he did get arrested not to long ago and was just as quickly let go cause there was video evidence that showed he was doing nothing wrong. While he is a polarizing figure, polarizing figures get attention. I understand both sides of the argument, but I don't think we should rule him out since, even though he's controversial, he can also get a hold of the spotlight.

Plus, there is the whole ... fact that he does it for real and there's a good chance he'd look down on us for doing it the way we do. Could backfire? That said, he has been known to suggest that his life isn't for everyone.

I don't see that. Obviously, I don't know him personally, but from what I've seen of him in various interviews, I actually think he'd be quite supportive. He does what he does to get people to get involved and stand up for their community; which is exactly what we're doing. Plus, like I mentioned above, people mocked him (probably still do) the same way some are mocking us for our efforts. If he's given all the facts, just like all the other celebrities, I'd be willing to bet he'd be sympathetic to our cause. Who knows, he might even have and account with CoH.

On another note, I had to laugh at this thread. The whole thing really does seem like something I'd read in a comic.  ;D

Equation

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 01:22:13 AM »
I'd like to get in touch with TonyV, how would be the best way to do that?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 01:37:58 AM »
I'll send you a PM with some info.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov