Author Topic: Call to Action: Positron's Ally Event  (Read 48627 times)

Taki

• Underling
    • Nerdfitti LLC
Re: Call to Action: Positron's Ally Event
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2012, 12:57:15 AM »
I guess I'm leading on Liberty... send tell to Taki Hakata if you want to join!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2012, 01:00:36 AM »
Heading to Posi on Champion.

Twenty two so far ready to do this!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:07:26 AM by dwturducken »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Taki

• Underling
    • Nerdfitti LLC
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2012, 01:11:10 AM »
we're up to three teams now!

ObsidianPhoenix76

• Lieutenant
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2012, 01:44:36 AM »
I'll be available for the Saturday run. 

Dualwing

• Underling
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2012, 02:02:02 AM »
I just found out this was up. I haven't played CoH for a long time... But I couldn't keep sitting still and watch the game die without doing anything.
I'm re-downloading the game right now... Prolly won't make it on time for tonight, so count me in for the 22nd.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2012, 02:27:41 AM »
My team made it through the first half pretty quickly. But I have a test tomorrow morning, so that's it for me. Nice seeing the turnout--I brought 5 others, myself. :)
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2012, 02:55:17 AM »
Thanks to everyone who turned up today! I played on Virtue where we had at final count I think around 15 teams. I know we certainly spawned a Steel Canyon 2. Can't wait to see you all on Saturday! And be on the lookout right after the event Saturday for the announcement of our next event!

Pedro

• Underling
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2012, 03:29:24 AM »
I think this event didn't happen on Freedom. I just found one team. We started posi but couldn't finish. We were unable to complete the third mission because of a bug. Hope i have more luck saturday.

Olantern

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2012, 03:50:48 AM »
we're up to three teams now!

We had a nice team with our three teams on Liberty.  We ran both parts and ran the teams as a league so we could chat about our favorite CoH memories.  (Yes, you can run separate TF instances as a league!)  I'll repost a quotation I gave before we started, when we were all standing around doing /e holdtorch, slightly tweaked from its original form in my first Kid Eros CoH comic, "One Light":

"The world is a vast, black abyss, a place of cruelty, misery, and pain.  Against that endless night, each love is one light, a tiny flame struggling against the dark.  We are heroes.  We uphold those lights.  Together, they light the world!"

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2012, 04:27:39 AM »
Ten Iron Eagles lined up on Justice to help Positron and TonyV.

There were two deaths -- Nine Lives 8, a Dominator, fell in Posi I -- the final mission in Atlas, rescuing the heroes; and Bloodrage, a Blaster, fell on the steps of City Hall, in an epic melee that went on and on.

They will not fade into the ServerDark!  They fought like warrior-poets and fell in a blaze of hardcore glory!

There were numerous other teams -- a good turnout.

Save COH!

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2012, 04:46:49 AM »
On Infinity we had 5 Full teams running in a League, it was amazing! Tony V made an appearance, but was only Level 9 when he appeared. DOH! After a brief pause to get Tony where he needed to be, all five teams went forth to finish Posi 1. And even with the delays and late hour, we had four reconstitued teams make it though Posi 2 as well. Our team even stayed to clear-out the good Doctor's minions after we took down his Frankenstien-behind. A really fun evening with an fabulous group of heroes! Can't wait for Saturday to do it again! Look for Diversion Girl and Orange Ember.  :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:22:04 PM by DrewBlue »

Taki

• Underling
    • Nerdfitti LLC
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2012, 04:48:22 AM »
Our event went well when folks started showing up I took a screen

quite a few left after the first half, then teams 1 & 3 merged and worked on the second part, team 2 did the second half right off

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2012, 04:57:53 AM »
Ooh, I got pictures!  Here are some of mine:

Infinity heroes waiting (mainly on me) to start task force:

My first team.  Most of them stuck around for part 2, but there was a little bit of shuffling between parts:

Another shot of my first team, on our way to save Atlas Park:

We took a few screenshots between part 1 and part 2.  This seemed appropriate:

And this was my team on Infinity facing off against the big baddie himself.  I tried to convince them that maybe Dr. V isn't so bad, that his ideas might have merit, and I think that being an Eidolon wouldn't be so bad, but unfortunately, they wouldn't have any of that.

Wolfram

• Underling
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »
I'm sure others will have better pictures but here's what the gathering looked like in Steel Canyon 1 on Virtue:

I crashed on the way out of the final mission of Posi part 2 (and it was 4AM Irish time), so I didn't get the chance to thank the team I was with, kindly run by NeveroddoreveN and Beloved Angel. So: thanks guys! :)

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »
TonyV!

It was a real honor to be on your team during the Thursday night Positron's Ally run on Infinity server.  I've respected all the help the CoHTitans site has given all of us over the years, and to be honest I almost freaked out when I heard you call for some help to get some quick levels so your new character would qualify for the Positron TF run.  The DFB run and follow-on Steel Canyon street sweeping was fun, (even though I suggested a quick dash around Perez Park for old times sake.)

I happened to be running Ataru Moronboshi, the Kin Melee/Willpower Stalker boyfriend/'husband' of the first character I ever made for the game Ramu (who I got to 50 last week), an Elec/Elec Blaster.  For info on the manga/anime series which inspired these characters, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urusei_Yatsura

But as always, when the damage-heavy team thought it might be a good idea to get a healer, it only took a second to decide to switch to what the team needed even though my main character Sugoi had already gotten the Positron's Ally badge.  I had a lot of fun helping out, and managed to get Sugoi to 45 during the run.  Sugoi/Infinity is the first incarnation of the character (who occupies a slot on all servers) and she'll be the 5th Sugoi to hit 50 before I'm done with her.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:08:17 PM by Sugoi »

DamianoV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2012, 11:02:58 AM »
4 nearly full teams (31 players) on Champion (plus I think 1 more started late for the stragglers).  I was too busy stuffing down dinner to think to take pix... but I know photographic evidence was produced, and I will work at getting a copy for posting.

Went pretty well, from all reports.  And hopefully Saturday will be even grander!

Antihiro

• Underling
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2012, 12:20:32 PM »
Virtue definitely seemed to be busy last night. I had a great team and we breezed through the TF! Had a blast! Thanks for organizing the event!

Gothica

• Minion
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »
I had to work last night, but I'm hoping to join y'all for the Saturday event!

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2012, 01:10:09 PM »
i can kick myself...why didn't i take a picture of protector....

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2012, 01:29:48 PM »
I'm loving all these pics!  Keep posting!