Author Topic: What is money to NCSoft?  (Read 8760 times)

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
Re: What is money to NCSoft?
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 11:14:12 PM »
Not a really constructive post here, but i regards an Open Source CoH, I've long thought how cool it would be to have an Open Source MMO, where there was one engine powering it, but people would have their own servers and potential content that ran on it that anyone could access- you could have a CoH style server universe; an Old Rome server; a space server; etc.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 04:48:31 AM »
Maybe i overlooked something but it said GW1 made less than CoX right? If this has been explained sorry but it doesn't make sense to me that CoX got cut but not GW1...Also, all CoX needed was a little cheap adverising. With all the superhero movies and stuff the people just needed a little push.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 05:12:21 AM »
Maybe i overlooked something but it said GW1 made less than CoX right? If this has been explained sorry but it doesn't make sense to me that CoX got cut but not GW1...Also, all CoX needed was a little cheap adverising. With all the superhero movies and stuff the people just needed a little push.
I noticed that, too.  The only thing I could think of is that they wanted to keep GW1 open long enough for players to transition to GW2 before shutting it down.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 06:56:44 AM »
I noticed that, too.  The only thing I could think of is that they wanted to keep GW1 open long enough for players to transition to GW2 before shutting it down.

doubt it.  its big in Korea.  We're not.  and thats the problem.  we're the red headed stepchild they dont want to have to feed, even though we bring in as much as some of the others.

Mantic

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 07:27:34 AM »
Its big in Korea.  We're not.

That seems to be the biggest reason, alright. As well, there seems to have been a bit of tension between Paragon and NCSoft over how to manage the game because of this. Paragon was just as focused on the Western market.