Author Topic: EB Games Expo Sydney  (Read 2491 times)

Scrier

• Underling
EB Games Expo Sydney
« on: September 08, 2012, 08:46:56 AM »
Just a thought, since this event is in early October, it falls well within our timeframe for action. I've managed to find nothing even implying that NCSoft is going to be represented here, but with such a big gaming exposition in our neck of the woods, is it worth staging something for purposes of attracting attention among our gaming brothers and sisters? If so, what should we look at doing? Are there any other big conventions or events coming up that it would be appropriate to try something at?

How do we go about drawing attention at a convention without getting in the way and offending people?

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: EB Games Expo Sydney
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 08:55:24 AM »
I think this is a fantastic idea.  Ms. Lackey mentioned needing to get something actually newsworthy, and this could be it.  I... am not sure as to what exactly we'd be doing, however.  I don't even know much about the expo.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 09:07:30 AM »
I think this is a fantastic idea.  Ms. Lackey mentioned needing to get something actually newsworthy, and this could be it.  I... am not sure as to what exactly we'd be doing, however.  I don't even know much about the expo.

Flash mob?  Zombie superheroes and villains doing the Thriller with the Save CoX message at the end?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Scrier

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 09:21:27 AM »
Don't mind that. Now all we need is the numbers. Who else is in the area/likely to attend or interested in doing so if we stage a flash mob of some kind?

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 09:22:53 AM »
Flash mob?  Zombie superheroes and villains doing the Thriller with the Save CoX message at the end?
You are clearly more creative than I.  But I guess that comes with the whole "bestseller" deal, huh?

I suppose we should first figure out the logistics of doing such a thing, then focus on busting a move once it's planned out.

Uh, what Scrier said. 
(I didn't want to delete my message; it takes a lot to be coherent with so little sleep!)

Scrier

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 02:36:09 AM »
Not a lot in the area or interested?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 09:08:22 PM »
Then recruit a local dance school.  ESPECIALLY kids.  Cute kids doing something cute = press coverage.  The dance school will love it, it will get THEM press coverage.  All the kids will have leotards (or if they have superhero halloween costumes, let them wear that) so all you need are capes, masks, and maybe emblems on the chest.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido