Author Topic: Announcement: Sentinel+ character extractor available!  (Read 81673 times)

Greg Lloyd

• Minion
RESOLVED
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2012, 05:26:17 AM »
RESOLVED -
She ran Sentinel+ as adminstrator. Nothing to see here.
G

My friend who hates message boards is having trouble using Sentinel. She says Sentinel is not recognizing the game client running. Any suggestions?

"Sentinel+ Extractor v1.1 - 2320.201207182341.1Titan Network - August 8.2012Error: Could not retreieve character information.
*is City of Heroes running?
*is it the right version?
*is the character logged in?
*do you have administrator priviledges?
press any key to continue..."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:36:14 AM by Greg Lloyd »

Fallen Angel Eyes

• Minion
Re: Announcement: Sentinel+ character extractor available!
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2012, 04:15:01 PM »
So does the Sentinel+ client support the Beta server yet? I read through the entire thread here, but I'm still unclear on that. It also doesn't do Power Customization, correct?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »
Best of my knowledge, the candidate for grabbing data from (beta or test?  I can't remember which) went to our mac tester to try it out and Guy hasn't heard anything back yet.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2012, 04:57:46 PM »
I got an email on it yesterday, he's swamped with work and will look at it this weekend. We'll go ahead and get the windows version posted when someone gets a minute to edit the page.

ET3D

• Underling
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »
I just tried it, and it works great and is very fast. I might not go over all characters (since most are locked, and I'd have to transfer them to test) but it's cool to have a backup for a few. Not that I expect I will ever get to use this data.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2012, 07:25:55 PM »
Tried extractor, seems to work as advertised. thank you. Now to go over my other characters.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2012, 08:30:57 PM »
A couple of questions:

Can you happily edit these files ? (if for example you lost a name doing a server transfer or thought you shouldn't have been genericed and want to change the name back).

If the intention might be to import these files somewhere else, how do you avoid all characters coming in with full inf and a full set of purple/PvP IOs that have been transferred from toon to toon before exporting ?

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2012, 08:51:08 PM »
If the intention might be to import these files somewhere else, how do you avoid all characters coming in with full inf and a full set of purple/PvP IOs that have been transferred from toon to toon before exporting ?
The only way a toon could be imported with such OPed gear is if Sentinel+ files were basically being imported to another version of CoH, identical right down to the systems.  Nobody here is running a private server of CoH, and Plan Z/Titan City will be an entirely new game, precluding any attempt at a direct import.  I'd imagine that characters ported into Plan Z, once it's up, will basically be little more than a name, a concept, a general set of powers, one or more costumes, maybe your badges if you're lucky.

Can you happily edit these files ? (if for example you lost a name doing a server transfer or thought you shouldn't have been genericed and want to change the name back).
The files are simply XML, so they're editable.  However, there may be checks in place, once a successor is ready to import them, to prevent the use of edited files.

If you want to change a character, copy it over to Beta and use a (free in the Paragon Market) Character Rename Token to change the name.  Then re-export the character with Sentinel+ for Beta.

Kitsudragon

• Underling
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2012, 10:28:32 PM »
So, all characters exported with 1.1 Sentinel+. Amazingly, I have a mind-boggling 86 alts. I didn't know I was that alt-happy. :)

Anyway, is there any plan in the future for something these files could be used with? A character modeler using the costume pieces, or something, maybe?

I'm deliberately not saying the other thing I'm thinking of, because I don't want to get my hopes up. :P

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2012, 10:46:12 PM »
Anything is possible. :)

Something simple like a character viewer probably wouldn't check the integrity hash to see if the file has been modified.

It is possible to detect, however. I'd recommend making a backup copy before editing it.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2012, 11:31:56 PM »
So, all characters exported with 1.1 Sentinel+. Amazingly, I have a mind-boggling 86 alts. I didn't know I was that alt-happy. :)

I have that many 50s out of maybe 230 alts, not all of which I'm going to keep :) about half way through exporting the 50s and some lower level characters to keep them company.

epawtows

• Elite Boss
  • Mechanical Engineer
« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2012, 03:53:30 AM »

The files are simply XML, so they're editable.  However, there may be checks in place, once a successor is ready to import them, to prevent the use of edited files.

Yes, there is a checksum in the files, so that any importer can tell if it has been tampered with.

sccb4u

• Underling
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »
Thanks for this utility. I had already gone about recording video and taking screenshots but this also allowed me to export my character biographies as well. Something that was very important to me considering I have 69 characters between Freedom and Virtue and 95% of them had original background stories. It gave them all a sense of personality and made it all the more fun to play each one of them and advance their story. I had feared these were things going to be lost forever but not anymore  :D

Once again thank you  :)

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but how do you open this in game?

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but how do you open this in game?
You open the personal info in game, hit the windows key and run it outside the game.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2012, 05:26:41 PM »
You open the personal info in game, hit the windows key and run it outside the game.
Thank you, so much! Worked perfectly!

Starfox

• Underling
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2012, 12:03:57 AM »
Can you still move to the Beta server, and how do you do that nowadays?

Ammon

• Team Wildcard
  • Boss
  • UK marketing guy and City of Heroes addict

Celtic Fist

• Underling
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »
I have not started extracting my characters yet as I am trying to put enhancers and valuable salvage onto them before I use the tool.  Big thanks to those who developed it.  What about bases?  I thought some method of saving Base information but do not remember if it included base storage details etc.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2012, 06:19:44 PM »
Make a /demorecord (any duration) inside the base and save the .cohdemo file. It contains everything, including storage contents.