Author Topic: Announcement: Sentinel+ character extractor available!  (Read 81652 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Announcement: Sentinel+ character extractor available!
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2012, 02:37:22 AM »
His phone would be affected if, when he's at home
Except he said he tried that from across town.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Talos Maltalomar

• Underling
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2012, 02:51:49 AM »
ok good news fixed it seems my wireless router had for some reason decided to reset my settings for city gonna toss it and buy a new one ( needed to anyway )  and the phone it seems the internet was turned off  lol ,     

thanks for the help and ideas . slapped self in head for not thinking of the router sooner

thanks again.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2012, 03:09:51 AM »
Yay!  I was genuinely concerned there because I thought it might end up being something that affected other players.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2012, 04:56:33 AM »
OK, folks, I might have been a codehead, but I was a mainframe codehead twenty years ago.

So can you answer me a simple question:  WHERE does Sentinel+ save these files?  My computer? Your server? In a super-sekrit batcave?  I have someone who can walk me through saving my toons, I think.

When I quit the dayjob I swore from that moment on I was going to be a dumb user...beginning to regret that  :-\
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2012, 05:03:26 AM »
It saves them in whatever folder you run the SentinelPlus program from. It should create a file in there for each character that you save.

I recommend creating a "Characters" folder and copying the program into it, then just clicking on it in there.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2012, 05:26:09 AM »
It saves them in whatever folder you run the SentinelPlus program from. It should create a file in there for each character that you save.

I recommend creating a "Characters" folder and copying the program into it, then just clicking on it in there.

I heart you and will have your lovechild squidchildren
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2012, 05:27:18 AM »
Actually, you're the second person I've had ask that.  I'm going to update the top post.

nataliaofvirtues

• Minion
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2012, 05:29:04 PM »
Sorry for the dumb question, but with the changes made to the Sentinel+ do I need to re-save my characters?

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2012, 07:38:32 PM »
Tony edited the first post, so it kinda got away from the public eye. (-:

2012-09-08 UPDATE:
Guy saw your bug reports and has released a new version of the tool, version 1.1.  It's got the same filename and is accessible at the same link posted above.  Here's the changelog:
  • Fixed a bug that attempted to save files using special characters reserved on Windows file systems. The filename (which includes the global handle and character name) will now convert all of the following characters into underscores: \ / : * ? ' " < > |
  • Temporary and Inherent Powers are now exported.
  • Builds with zero powers (i.e., have never been selected) are no longer exported.
  • Newlines in the output files are now CR/LF rather than only LF. (Primarily benefits people viewing exports in Notepad.)
  • The code was reorganized and simlified, and is now slightly smaller.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »
Sorry for the dumb question, but with the changes made to the Sentinel+ do I need to re-save my characters?
So, if you saved character data before the update, the answer would be "yes."
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2012, 07:53:29 PM »
So, if you saved character data before the update, the answer would be "yes."

Well, only if you care about their temp powers and inherents.

padathir

• Minion
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »
Guy Perfect, you rock. Thank you for this tool.  8)

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2012, 05:58:21 AM »
I'm guessing that it's simply working as advertized, but I noticed it's not grabbing from Beta. Since many of us have locked toons on live, is there something we can tweak for this to work?
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2012, 10:10:12 AM »
Another quick request, would it be possible to add souvenir's (incl. Architect ones) to the exported data?

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2012, 05:29:43 PM »
I'm guessing that it's simply working as advertized, but I noticed it's not grabbing from Beta. Since many of us have locked toons on live, is there something we can tweak for this to work?

You are correct. Sentinel+ is designed only for the current live client:

For the time being, we don't want to support the beta client. Characters created there were never intended to last (as per the nature of the server), and they get all sorts of level bumps and free items. We're really hoping the devs give full access to all accounts on the live servers, which would sidestep the issue entirely.

Another quick request, would it be possible to add souvenir's (incl. Architect ones) to the exported data?

Please refer to this post for a response to this request:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=4385969#post4385969

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2012, 06:22:58 PM »
Makes sense, thanks for checking :)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »
First of all, many, many thanks to Mind Forever Burning for his hard work on the Mac port.

Big news: We have a Mac version that is ready for testing. Once we've verified that it's working correctly, we'll update the page on cohtitan.com to reflect its availability.

http://cit.cohtitan.com/downloads/SentinelPlus.tgz

It should be as simple as dragging the app out of that archive into the folder that you want to save your characters into, then double-clicking the app while City of Heroes is running and you have the info window up. The OS should prompt for your credentials as it requires administrator access to run.

If you have the ability to test on both Mac and Windows, we would really appreciate it if you can try exporting the same character on both and verify that the files are the same. Failing that, if you want to test and don't mind putting your XML file somewhere accessible so we can take a look at it and make sure everything checks out, that would be helpful.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »
You are correct. Sentinel+ is designed only for the current live client:

For the time being, we don't want to support the beta client. Characters created there were never intended to last (as per the nature of the server), and they get all sorts of level bumps and free items. We're really hoping the devs give full access to all accounts on the live servers, which would sidestep the issue entirely.
I figured this was the primary reason and if it hasn't been addressed in the official forums, then you might wanna post there as others were hoping for this solution. If I think about it and I read such requests, then I'll try to spread the knowledge.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2012, 10:04:23 PM »
Big news: We have a Mac version that is ready for testing. Once we've verified that it's working correctly, we'll update the page on cohtitan.com to reflect its availability.

YAAAYYY! :)

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2012, 10:36:04 PM »

That is great. Thanks so much Mind Forever Burning and Codewalker. I'll give it a whirl tonight (on a MBP running OSX 10.6.8.).

I'll PM Codewalker with a link to the .xml file.