Author Topic: Planned Boycott  (Read 10782 times)

jacknomind

• Boss
Re: Planned Boycott
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 10:21:15 PM »
Having two camps under the same tent (working to save/rebuild CoX & boycott the evil doers) doesn't quite work nicely together.

It's not two camps.  The only thing you'd have to differently to boycott NCSoft/Nexon while working to save CoX is... not spend money on NCSoft and Nexon products.  I don't know about you, but between RL, working on projects for CoH, and trying to actually play CoH, I wouldn't have time to enjoy other games right now anyway.  (Although my friends have suckered me into a few rounds of Mann vs Machine...)

feel free to sit outside their doors and show them your bits

...Er.  Hm.  I really get the feeling "boycott" means something different to you than it does to me.  And I'm not sure I want to know.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 03:29:57 AM »
It's not two camps.
I guess the better way to put it is that from the perspective of NCSoft, having threats of Boycotting by what looks like the same people who are simultaneously trying to get on their good side is rather confusing. In that sense, it would be two camps fighting for different goals in a way that may send the wrong message because they appear to be one in the same to the recipient of attention.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

laufeyjarson

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 05:11:27 AM »
He has signed our petition, right?  Right? :)

He certainly did, before I asked him to.  His wife sent me the petition.  She hasn't played CoH in years, but she's in the game industry and anything that gets a whole studio laid off is not good in her book.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 06:22:32 AM »
He certainly did, before I asked him to.  His wife sent me the petition.  She hasn't played CoH in years, but she's in the game industry and anything that gets a whole studio laid off is not good in her book.
Is she now?  Do you know if she can offer an advice or other help?