Author Topic: DeviantArt and how many words to a picture.  (Read 1874 times)

castorcorvus

• Lieutenant
DeviantArt and how many words to a picture.
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »
If a picture says a thousand words, what would we get if we created a thousand pictures? That having been said, I have run an idea past TonyV to get pro artists to help us out a bit. I have been sending letters to all my favorite artists, asking them to try to co-operate with Titan Network so they can save the jobs of their fellows at Paragon Studios. I would like to ask everyone who knows an artist in any medium to go to them first. Remember, these guys have fans!

Let's say we get a hundred artist on our side, each one has a hundred fans. We just spread our message across 10000 people! They are out there people, look for them, root for them, and ask for their help. DeviantArt is a proverbial goldmine for talented artists, and COH already has a group there. If we get this rolling, we could greatly increase our support and really ruffle some feathers!

castorcorvus, out.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:13:09 PM by castorcorvus »

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
Re: DeviantArt and how many words to a picture.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:25:05 PM »
theres already been a lot of potential with people creating the sigs/banner pictures to help spread it around

castorcorvus

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:41:49 PM »
theres already been a lot of potential with people creating the sigs/banner pictures to help spread it around
That is true Necro and they have been a big help. However, what you are talking about is advertisement. What I am talking about is enlisting the help of the kind of artists who people geek out around when they meet them at comic-con. Because that is the kind of crowd that a superhero game appeals to.  :)

castorcorvus, out.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 04:08:29 AM »
There are already DA artists helping us...we can get more but famous ones would be really cool. Not many famous ones use DA though so will have to write them personally.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 04:11:59 AM »
There are actually many famous artists on DA, I have a ton. I have already started reaching out to my network there. I have over 100k pageviews and a thousand watchers and a huge rolodex of artists that I have helped in the past or conversed with. One including Jim Lee but I doubt I'll get any help from him what with DCUO and all.

Just know I'm working on it.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 04:29:41 AM »
Chamba is on DA. He doesn't draw superheroes unless you count streetfighter charaters as such but he's famous and has alot of watchers. I mean we have some support from the coh DA community but you're right, it wouldn't hurt to get more. I added rocks flyer to the mmo group on there and he submitted it to the coh one. We also submitted it to other groups. I guess if everyone submits stuff or comissions popular people we can get more views so commission the people with watchers.

castorcorvus

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »
That
There are actually many famous artists on DA, I have a ton. I have already started reaching out to my network there. I have over 100k pageviews and a thousand watchers and a huge rolodex of artists that I have helped in the past or conversed with. One including Jim Lee but I doubt I'll get any help from him what with DCUO and all.

Just know I'm working on it.

Thats what I'm talking about. Just remember, we are not asking for handouts - these guys have to eat too - but we are asking for co-operation and support. Maybe a mention through their web comics (i've heard PvP has decided to pitch in), a group discount on a large number of commissions (steady number of customers, hey-hey), or even a quick "political cartoon" on how NCsoft is treating its customers - a TON of artists love that kind of stuff.