Author Topic: Call to Action: Unity Rally  (Read 63243 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Call to Action: Unity Rally
« on: September 05, 2012, 04:42:19 AM »
Hey all, our efforts are really becoming visible.  That's great news, and I really hope that it's the shot in the arm of morale that you all need to continue on!

Our next Call to Action is something fun that will be a display of unity, an opportunity for photo ops for press releases and communications to NCsoft, and that best of all will simultaneously give a shot in the arm of morale to people who probably need it badly and deserve our unwavering support: the programmers, designers, managers, marketers, artists, testers, accountants, community relaters, moderators, administrative assistants, and everyone else with a job title that doesn't fit neatly in the above whose incredible talents and awesome work ethic have built the world in which our imaginations live.

Unity Rally
Saturday, September 8, 5:00pm Eastern (2:00pm Pacific) : Atlas Park, Virtue

Please note, this is not a "Virtue" event.  It's just a server I picked pseudo-randomly because it was most populated when I just popped in and looked, and I had to pick somewhere.  We need all players from all servers to show up!  I want ten instances of Atlas Park going with so many people camping City Hall that you can't even see the stairs.  Don't have a character on Virtue?  No problem, you'll probably need a new one anyway for the contest below!  I'm going to take a bunch of pictures for our press releases and communications, so for Pete's sake, wear something nice.

Paragon Appreciation Costume Contest
Saturday, September 8, 6:00pm Eastern (3:00pm Pacific) : Atlas Park, Virtue

After the photo/video ops, the singalong, and the complimentary snacks and fruit punch, stick around because I want to have the biggest costume contest Paragon City has ever seen!  Forget nines, you'd better dress to the ELEVENS for this one.  Ah, but you can't just throw on any ol' neutrino powered tuxedo 9000 armor and expect to win this one, because there's a theme.

I want you all dressed... (drumroll please)... as your favorite Paragon Studios employee!  That's right, I want ten Atlas Parks filled to Zwillinger's brims with Matt "Positron" Millers, Melissa "War Witch" Biancos, Andy "Zwillinger" Belfords, Hosun "Black Pebble" Lees, Keetsie "Tunnel Rat" Braz da Cunhnas, Arbiter Hawks, TheNets,... whoever strikes your fancy!  In fact, what they heck, let's recognize some of the old-timers who got us to where we are today.  Let's get some April "CuppaJo" Burbas!  Some Avateas!  Some Zeb "Lord Recluse" Cooks!  Some Jack "Statesman" Emmerts!  Some Jill "Ex Libris" Hendersons!  Some Christopher "Back Alley Brawler" Bruces!

Remember, I'm not talking about the characters, I'm talking about the people themselves.  I don't want this:

I want THIS!

"So how do I know what my favorite Paragon Studios staffer looks like?"  Good question!  There are a few resources.  If you attended any of the Hero-Cons, Player Summits, conventions or Meet-and-Greets, just dig out those old pictures from when you excitedly squeaked like a schoolboy, "Oh!!!  C'mere, c'mere, c'mere, c'mere!!!  I want my picture with you!!!"  (What?  Was I really the only one?)  Otherwise, you can look them up on the Paragon Wiki, a lot of them have pictures posted there.  You can also check out some of the Coffee Talk videos on YouTube, Ustream, and Twitch.tv.  After that, I guess you're kind of stuck, unless there were some massive searchable index of pictures that one could try...  If you actually have pictures of Paragon staffers from events, post them below and identify who they are so we'll know!

The one thing I ask is please don't be mean, don't use this as an opportunity to grind an ax you have.  Let's keep it fun and lighthearted.  Endearing caricatures of your favorite Paragonster though?  Oh yeah.  Posi in a red jacket?  Matt Thriller.  Zwillinger with a bats aura?  Andy Belfry.  Be imaginative!

So what are the prizes for the contest?  Shoot fire, I don't know.  (Put down the Incinitron ZX Glove, it was only a figure of speech.)  Fortune and glory, kid, fortune and glory.  I'll walk around and give out stuff to people who I think are creative, funny, scarily accurate, or whose jib I find cut particularly well.  In fact, It's a BYOP costume contest.  Bring a bunch of stuff collecting dust in your base bins and be your own judge.  I'll be snapping pictures like mad and taking some videos, though, so your "characters" will probably make their way back to the models they're based on, maybe even seen by the original him- or herself.

So come on out this Saturday and let's party like it's 2009!

Please don't drink and fly.  Call a Taxibot.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:48:23 AM by TonyV »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Call to Action: Unity Rally
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 05:02:50 AM »
I predict an entire zone filled with Sexy Jay clones.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 05:03:19 AM »
Hi TonyV,

Just to translate, this will be 21:00 GMT / 22:00 BST / 23:00 CET over here in Europe.

I am travelling right now so my only way of logging into the game will be an internet cafe - not sure I will find one open that late into the evening, but I will certainly try! :)

Zos

Pheonyx

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 05:07:26 AM »
I would like to offer my services as DJ Pheonyx of The Cape Radio by broadcasting from the Unity Rally (which happens to coincide with my normal show time on Saturday 5-8PM) if you'll have me.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 05:11:42 AM »
Zoser, allow me to introduce you to the concept of "war driving." ;-)

As the date approaches, we can work out more details/activities, but do we want to avoid any costumes that might be construed as infringing copyrights (safe enough if we dress as a dev, but not as photogenic, except to send to said devs). Do we want to /e protest?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 05:23:30 AM »
I will see you there.  Or not, depending on which instance of Atlas I'm in :P

neonphysalis

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 05:55:09 AM »
I'll be there!!!!!!!!

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 06:41:52 AM »
Count me in !

Also please make sure the word is out on all the sites, blogs, FB pages, Tumblr etc... Ill add it to the G+ page !
--

Exaultedninja

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 06:46:19 AM »
Count on me. I'll be there.

Weasel X-01

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 07:04:54 AM »
Dangit! I can't be there due to work. I'll be there in spirit!!!

Myrmydon

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 07:19:57 AM »
Although I don't possess my name on Virtue, I'll get something over there and show up nonetheless. Then, it's back to Champion for our events, just in case we still close down on Nov. 30th.

Thanks for starting all of this, Tony. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.  :D

AlaikaBalta

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 08:12:31 AM »
Due to lack of any suitable computers in my possession and no early bus until 8 AM to Uni (the event starts at 6 AM, Sunday where I live), I'm afraid I won't be able to join. However, I will still lend my support.

chief536

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 08:15:49 AM »
It looks like this will be taking place at 7 Am AEST Sunday for any other players from down under. I plan on staying up and playing through from the night before see you guys there :)

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 08:16:42 AM »
I'll be there!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 08:18:12 AM »
I'm at work, I start at 1pm Pacific. :( I will be there in spirit.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 08:26:54 AM »
Hey Tony!  First, Thank you and thank-you Titan Network for doing all this!  Great idea about thanking the media!  It's also excellent that you have the link to these Titan forums in your signature line on the CoH official forums.  I know that word IS getting out and hope is rising!  I think we're all prepared, as we recover and regroup to pop all our Purples (Luck inspirations), summon our Shivans and HVAS's, etc. and take on intelligently this greatest of Great Monsters, Corporate, which isnt even necessarily an EVIL monster, just one about to destroy everything with no caring apparently for the injury it does.

As I said on the CoH forum, I'll be there, and so will heaps of other people.  As to looking like an actual favorite Paragon Studio employee (past or present), 1. not only is it hard to pick just one, but 2. is there a picture of the Ocho somewhere?  The Ocho was my favorite Mod, though I've been happy with all of them.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Gunaro

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »
I'm there....even if its just my toon camped as I do homework...

Shaz

• Underling
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »
I really, really wish I could, since I missed the show of solidarity on Monday, but I won't make this one, either... unless it's still going at 8-9pm Eastern.

I hope an enormous amount of people do make it, though, and stand strong!

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 11:21:43 AM »
I'll try and point this thread in Kallandra's direction.

The EU Player meet is happening this Sunday in Birmingham, England, and she's the boss of that having been the person who's put it together.

The contest takes place at 10pm BST - so that might be slightly tricky given that some of us may be/have imbibing/ed (all of the above.)

However, there's also some value in having lots of pics of players playing as we have the cossie contest.

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 12:27:35 PM »
Saturday... 2:00 PM. Count me in.

(Not sure how I'll find pictures of the devs, but I'll do my best! :) )