Author Topic: Call to Action: Thank the media  (Read 220535 times)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: Call to Action: Thank the media
« Reply #382 on: October 18, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »
A very nice article that echoes my sentiments exactly... =/
Same... makes me sad all over again :(

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #383 on: October 18, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »
--
@Vandellia

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #384 on: October 18, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »
http://www.gamerzines.com/mmo/rumour-multiple-buyers-interested.html

Featuring the one, the only..TonyV!
That's a good one, too.  I think we need more of the NCsoft-won't-listen type of coverage, because that's where all this can hurt them the most (at least for the moment being).

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #385 on: October 19, 2012, 07:51:53 AM »
http://www.gamerzines.com/mmo/rumour-multiple-buyers-interested.html

Featuring the one, the only..TonyV!
*starts chanting "Tony! Tony! Tony!" a la Jerry Springer!*  :P
Nice article btw!

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #386 on: October 19, 2012, 11:08:33 AM »
That's a good one, too.  I think we need more of the NCsoft-won't-listen type of coverage, because that's where all this can hurt them the most (at least for the moment being).

That's why I'm trying to engage people in conversation on the comments over there. This would be a good one to direct traffic through.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

lastword

• Underling
« Reply #387 on: October 21, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
I have not read all the replies to this post so forgive me if someone else has suggested this. I have been playing COH for 6 years. Between I and my girl friend we have paid for 4 copies of the game that will no longer be useable. Two of my copies are DVD additions, plus I bought COV and going Rouge. I will be out well over $400 after you factor in booster packs. I am suggesting bringing a civil action against NC soft for damages and seek a complete refund of all moneys spent in the purchase of the game and its add-ons. If this is gone as a class action meaning we need more than 12 other people to do this as a group. We can make it so costly for them to not give up the server software that they will give it up just to make us go away.
 I have a good understanding of the law and we do have legal standing to bring the action. They have sold over 300k copies (an educated guess) of the game, at this number and it might be much higher. It could cost them over 10.5 mil if they lost or had to settle the case.
 I know someone is going to say. There is no guaranty that any game will stay open and I say under US commercial code you cannot sell a product and then render the product unusable without consequences.   There was a general understanding that as long as you agreed to pay a fee monthly to NC Soft you would be able to keep playing the game, if they had wanted to be able to shut the game down when people no longer played in adequate number to turn a good profit. They should have gave the game away and made all their money on the monthly fee.   
I do not know if this has been tried before but it is high time someone does, if I get enough people interested in doing this. I will find the lawyer who will take the case. If done right is should not cost us a dime.
On the other side of this thought I would be nice if we could get all members that still want to play the game interested in forming a corp. we could buy it up. I would be happy to form a non for profit corp to do just that. We could raise 15mil very quickly if we sold stock at say $50 per share to all the players in the game. We could share the work for doing the admin of the game and running of the game with fellow plays who show an interest. Yes I know this is a pipe dream but Damn it why not.
Last word.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #388 on: October 21, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »
Another blog from johncwright:

http://johncwright.livejournal.com/553153.html
--
@Vandellia

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #389 on: October 22, 2012, 04:01:30 AM »
I have not read all the replies to this post so forgive me if someone else has suggested this. I have been playing COH for 6 years. Between I and my girl friend we have paid for 4 copies of the game that will no longer be useable. Two of my copies are DVD additions, plus I bought COV and going Rouge. I will be out well over $400 after you factor in booster packs. I am suggesting bringing a civil action against NC soft for damages and seek a complete refund of all moneys spent in the purchase of the game and its add-ons. If this is gone as a class action meaning we need more than 12 other people to do this as a group. We can make it so costly for them to not give up the server software that they will give it up just to make us go away.
 I have a good understanding of the law and we do have legal standing to bring the action. They have sold over 300k copies (an educated guess) of the game, at this number and it might be much higher. It could cost them over 10.5 mil if they lost or had to settle the case.
 I know someone is going to say. There is no guaranty that any game will stay open and I say under US commercial code you cannot sell a product and then render the product unusable without consequences.   There was a general understanding that as long as you agreed to pay a fee monthly to NC Soft you would be able to keep playing the game, if they had wanted to be able to shut the game down when people no longer played in adequate number to turn a good profit. They should have gave the game away and made all their money on the monthly fee.   
I do not know if this has been tried before but it is high time someone does, if I get enough people interested in doing this. I will find the lawyer who will take the case. If done right is should not cost us a dime.
On the other side of this thought I would be nice if we could get all members that still want to play the game interested in forming a corp. we could buy it up. I would be happy to form a non for profit corp to do just that. We could raise 15mil very quickly if we sold stock at say $50 per share to all the players in the game. We could share the work for doing the admin of the game and running of the game with fellow plays who show an interest. Yes I know this is a pipe dream but Damn it why not.
Last word.

buying the stuff so long ago would prolly not be able to hold any kind of weight in a court case

however if you bought a copy of the game like a week before the shutdown or even after the shutdown and did not know about it then you might be entitled to a refund if you returned it to the place that you bought it from

Rae

• Elite Boss
--
@Vandellia

Tessachan

• Underling
« Reply #391 on: October 23, 2012, 08:38:28 PM »
buying the stuff so long ago would prolly not be able to hold any kind of weight in a court case

however if you bought a copy of the game like a week before the shutdown or even after the shutdown and did not know about it then you might be entitled to a refund if you returned it to the place that you bought it from

Of this I'm uncertain. I'm not aware of any statute of limitations to subscription items. There is a balance sheet showing every purchase you made in money on your account management options, also. (Or slightly different area, but still on your account.) This provides what lawyers love and need: actual numbers.

With my record of purchases in 8+ years I'd be interested in something along the lines of a class action suit.

Thank you for mentioning this. It would be the supreme topper on the PR cake.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:01:55 PM by rae »
--
@Vandellia

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #394 on: October 23, 2012, 09:34:38 PM »
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Rae

• Elite Boss
--
@Vandellia

Profit

• Boss
« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2012, 03:31:28 PM »
Wow, EGM was a big name back in the print days...

Rae

• Elite Boss
--
@Vandellia

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #398 on: October 24, 2012, 04:17:19 PM »
...they really like that quote, don't they?

* DrakeGrimm scratches head in confusion
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #399 on: October 24, 2012, 04:19:16 PM »
*laughs* apparently so. Or they're just lifting it from sites that have already run the story.
--
@Vandellia