Author Topic: Regarding crowd funding...  (Read 18553 times)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: Regarding crowd funding...
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 09:39:28 AM »
I am a college student, so I do not have very much money.  But if/when we need to get funds together, I'll chip in with whatever I've got.  I'm a fan of ramen anyway :P

Exaultedninja

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 09:44:38 AM »
I'm on a fixed income and City of Heroes was (and still is) the only luxury i can really afford. I've been with the game since May of '05. That being said I will pool money, save what I can, even my boys who want to be future City of Heroes players want to dedicate their allowance to the cause. What I can spare to save our city will be at your disposal.

Paragon Refugee

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 11:32:51 AM »
The biggest issue isn't always how much someone can give, it's how many can give it. Talk to everyone you know, Have everyone you know sign the petition, When the funding option starts get everyone to pony up a few dollars. Every person who really knows you should understand what this means to you. Show your passion! Get people who don't understand to understand.

Today decide to stand proud and save our City!

Paragon Refugee

Fox Lee

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 12:24:54 PM »
I never unsubbed from CoH, even in the months I wasn't playing, because it was always "my game". I wouldn't even have to think before committing my sub fee to something that could save the game (I speak for my husband too there). We would definitely contribute to a crowd-funding project as much as we could, even we could manage $100 or so - and anything creative we could contribute would be given without a second thought.

BTW, your number one reward for sponsors: Reserve a name pre-launch on a new server. I swear to god, we would buy them for each other as birthday presents.

(Number two would be a sponsor badge. I recommend "Built This City", but I might be biased since my favourite character has a rock theme ;p)

Kobolt

• Underling
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »
I to will pledge in any shape or form whatever it is or takes to fund this "Save Paragon City" /signed!!!

Paragon Refugee

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »
Another option I thought of... There's already a built in advertising "gimmick" on COH with the Billboard advertising that never really got off the ground. Once the crowd funding got off the ground offering add space and time to companies willing to spend a bit more (or individual big spenders who want to see their Toons larger then life) might spark some interest. Targeted adds on the web have worked in other games, I'm willing to see real corporate sponsors instead of "Up and away Burgers"

Paragon Refugee

Gilliam

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 03:00:53 PM »
My subs are you subs + any extra i can put in.
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

TomFury

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 03:02:18 PM »
I'm in.

jaseq

• Underling
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
Been playing the game since near the beginning. Had absolutely no problem paying my sub even during the time I was away from it which at times was a couple of months to even a year+ because this game meant that much to me. Having recently re-falling in love with it, the thought of it no longer being there is heartbreaking. As many have already said, while I may not be rich I am willing to give whatever I can to keep it going.

KabaI

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »
Like the others have said, the monthly fees I had been paying for my 2 accounts are yours for as long as you're able to keep the game running, and as much as I can to help the game in your hands. This game cannot be left to die. It's too important.

Dr Asinine

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 04:06:27 PM »
Dr. Asinine here (for those who know me)

I'd be willing to provide funding and any assistance I can offer.  I can't imagine the Devs not trying to find a way to buy the rights from NCSoft-we haven't heard anything from them, have we?  If they need the capitol to kick start the project up I am willing to help.  This is my favorite MMO-it's sick how NCSoft just threw this at the Devs and all of us suddenly.

If anyone needs to contact me personally, including any Devs that might be reading this regarding any help, email me.  I don't care if my email is made public, this is way more important.

My email-

porthanos@comcast.net

Lets keep this alive people.  In whatever way we can.  Sign the petitions.  Write the physical letters (this is -incredibly- important.  It takes all of 10 seconds to sign an online petition so it doesn't have a lot of weight.  But seeing thousands upon thousands of letters on a desk makes a HUGE impact that so many people would take that much time out of their lives for a product).

All the best, even to those of you I've had...issues with...  At this point we are all one and the same...trying to save a game we love!!!

Dr. Asinine

SkyStreak

• Minion
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »
I pay or 2 accounts, and was buying Paragon Points at $100 increments, so it's clear I'm willing to pend cash on this game.

Perks or not, I will gladly contribute what I can to save this game.

Terrafan

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 06:02:12 PM »
I'm agreement with some of the folks who have mentioned indiegogo as the croudfunding platform of choice.  Kickstarter's rules, I don't think, will allow this to be covered, and they have been trying to go back to the 'get funding to CREATE something"  not "get funding to buy another companies assets".   

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
I haven't heard anything yet, but I can't help thinking that at some point during the past couple of days at least one dev hasn't raised the subject with one or more other devs about reforming as an indie studio.
If that were to happen, or if even a few devs were open to the idea of a buy-out from NCSoft, then I think that would make pitching the whole idea a lot easier, as we'd already have a core development team who knew the game inside out.
This was one of the first things that came to mind. One thing many noobs seemed to ignore was the fact that the Devs were infact Players as well! Whether it be to see what a problem was, step into game for events, or simply to play what they helped create. Leave them out of our efforts and we not only shoot our foot off, but our whole leg!
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »
I pay or 2 accounts, and was buying Paragon Points at $100 increments, so it's clear I'm willing to pend cash on this game.

Perks or not, I will gladly contribute what I can to save this game.

Pretty similar feelings and situation here.

Back Blast

• Minion
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 09:14:16 PM »
I'm in for whatever I can.

One thought here for sure. Before opening up the telethon hotlines, get a firm price from NCSoft on what it will cost to do whatever it is they'll play ball on. Then go for the money. That way if more gets raised than needed, they won't be tempted to up the asking price and any excess can be invested towards hiring back the devs or otherwise getting things rolling forward.

SOS: Save Our SCity!

Ape Child

• Underling
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »
Count on me to pitch in my yearly subscription plus some extra.  Doing a little math based off the number of those who've signed the petition.  14.99 x 12 = 179.88 x 11,318 = 2,035,881.84.

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 12:06:04 AM »
I will gladly chip in my subscription money and some extra...and may be able to help with fundraising efforts.  I speak for two subscriptions...one belong to me and the other to my husband.

For those that know me...I have way to many alts but you may know me as bloodstryke or phase light on the coh boards. :)

I am eagerly awaiting word that discussion hs begun so that we can start pulling in funds/publicity. 

To paraphrase the words of Galaxy Quest and john paul jones "Never give up, never surrender...we have not yet begun to fight!"
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

A Side Leader

• Underling
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 01:25:08 AM »
Now I have 2 accounts + paid for extra points.
So I am willing to add that and more as an effort.
I do have a question would people be Interested in helping me Put together A City of Heroes D20 RPG?
As a Fundraiser, as well as a way to immortalize, The City of heroes in our homes that we may play with Friends and family?

'Project Phoenix' (bring city of Heroes Back from the ashes)

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 01:49:22 AM »
One thing that I might note - I would suggest that ANY crowd-source funding campaign include Plan Z should none of the other possibilities come to pass. I think that would increase donations, because while people may have serious doubts about NCSoft releasing IP, they would likely have fewer doubts if there was a "This is what we will do with the money if we cannot do plan A, B, or C." statement. It's a "Your money WILL go to making something that will incorporate the City of Heroes, period dot." assurance.

Hmmm.

Phoenix City. Someone check and see if that name's taken by anyone who could argue about IP with us....
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.