Author Topic: Call to Action: Write to NCsoft  (Read 98742 times)

ROBOKiTTY

• Boss
  • KiTTYRiffic
    • KiTTYLand
Re: Call to Action: Write to NCsoft
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2012, 04:45:23 PM »
Google translate is ok but I am sure in SOME strange way it could be interpreted to say 'City of Heroes. Tastes like chicken' or something wierd.  :o

Would heavily advise against using Google translate. That could end up being incomprehensible and/or offending the reader.
Have you played with a KiTTY today?

jimdog33

• Underling
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2012, 12:57:55 PM »
There's one other thing we might do. What about Korean players, in Korea or otherwise? Also Chinese and Japanese players.

Since NC don't seem too bothered about the North American market, English-language correspondence might be making a limited impact.

However, they are Korean and care about the Korean market. Letters written in real (i.e. not machine-translated) Korean, preferably from actual Korean players, would doubtless have a greater impact. Messages like those may be more likely to reach executives in unaltered form. Chinese/Japanese-language correspondence from Chinese/Japanese players may similarly appeal to their interest in the broader East Asian market.

For the rest of us, we might be living in the wrong market for NC, but writing them in Korean can't hurt. If we have native Korean speakers here, perhaps a translation effort could be coordinated.

This might be a long shot, so no need to pester acquaintances/strangers (unless you want to 8)).

Which is curious since I believe the "NC" in NCSoft stands for NorCal or Northern California Software....

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2012, 07:04:52 PM »
I sent my letter on the 13th.

Zachary

• Underling
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2012, 09:31:51 AM »
My postcard
3 members of my SG

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2012, 12:41:14 PM »
I still believe that the best way to get NCSoft's attention and to get them to take any effort seriously is to show them that not only are we willing to play the game if they'll sell it to somebody, but we're willing to put together money to try to build that third party who will buy it from them.