Author Topic: Call To Action: Get the word out  (Read 125095 times)

perfectkismet

• Underling
    • Perfect Kismet
Re: Call To Action: Get the word out
« Reply #360 on: September 09, 2012, 11:29:08 PM »
Ian Somerhalder (Vampire Diaries) and Misha Collins (Supernatural) are both huge into charities and have crazy followings on Twitter.

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #361 on: September 10, 2012, 12:21:25 AM »
Was just thinking that myself.

Edit: I lit the RWH signal.  Let's see what input they might have.

Hi everyone. ( A little twitter bird told me to come on by and say hello.)

Mrs. W and I have been thinking hard about the things RWH can do to add our support to #SaveCOH. It's great that RWH has such wonderful support in our community and can be one of many heroic examples COH players can hold up to others. There is still so much that we don't know about the future of COH and what the efforts to save COH will need from all of us. So, for now, RWH has decided to hold off on fund raising activities while we wait to see what TonyV and the Titan Network need from all of us most, be that a crowd-funding effort or other activities.

If you feel strongly that you should be donating to a charitable cause, by all means do so. RWH has always encouraged donations to charity, whether through our annual drive or otherwise. WE WILL CONTINUE raising money for charity in the near future and would love to count on participation from all of our heroic friends, wherever we may find ourselves.

Please follow RWH on Twitter (http://twitter.com/realworldhero) and Facebook (http://facebook/realworldhero) to make sure you are in the loop.

Heroic regards,
@Mr. Wentworth

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #362 on: September 10, 2012, 01:05:13 AM »
So, for now, RWH has decided to hold off on fund raising activities while we wait to see what TonyV and the Titan Network need from all of us most, be that a crowd-funding effort or other activities.

As long as this is one option being considered. :)
@Vulpy
Protector Server

iratecorpse

• Underling
« Reply #363 on: September 10, 2012, 10:02:56 AM »
For what it's worth, which I'll humbly admit is not a great deal, I work in the games industry and have somewhere between 150 and 200 connections on LinkedIn. I have started to get the word out on there in the hope that some of those connections are compassionate enough to help spread the word even further and show their support to our cause.

Keep up the good work, heroes. For great justice!

@Dwarf EU

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #364 on: September 10, 2012, 10:07:58 AM »
For what it's worth, which I'll humbly admit is not a great deal, I work in the games industry and have somewhere between 150 and 200 connections on LinkedIn. I have started to get the word out on there in the hope that some of those connections are compassionate enough to help spread the word even further and show their support to our cause.

Keep up the good work, heroes. For great justice!

@Dwarf EU

I'd say that's a hell of a start!  Thanks for your support!

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #365 on: September 10, 2012, 07:15:37 PM »
Yeeessss....

sterlingwolf

• Underling
« Reply #366 on: September 10, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »
Now that was informative and entertaining!

Recluse1990

• Minion
« Reply #367 on: September 10, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »
RWH could be exactly what we need for celebrity awareness. If no charity right now, is it too much to ask for a few tweets and posts to link here to the forums?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #368 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and sending out a tweet to plant the suggestion of donating this month's subscription fee to a charity.  We'll see where that goes.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #369 on: September 11, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »
RWH could be exactly what we need for celebrity awareness. If no charity right now, is it too much to ask for a few tweets and posts to link here to the forums?

We are hitting up RWH media contacts for any support they can offer. Unfortunately, I don't think we are any better connected than any other community members, but we are doing what we can.

sterlingwolf

• Underling
« Reply #370 on: September 11, 2012, 12:26:22 AM »
Felicia Day made one of our guild members' tribute to her Tallis character a favorite. Today we returned to her with the hope she retweets again and brings more visibility to this cause. It's a reach perhaps but if we get enough pings maybe it will grab enough attention to garner her support or someone else's... www.twitter.com/PSGotter to retweet or please make your own.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #371 on: September 11, 2012, 03:33:32 PM »
I was server hopping again yesterfay, and the ralley seems to have done a good job with keeping people positive.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #372 on: September 11, 2012, 03:42:23 PM »
I was server hopping again yesterfay, and the ralley seems to have done a good job with keeping people positive.
Indeed.  Public Opinion (click the terminals on 3!!one!11!) has shifted greatly since the rally.  Gotta maintain to succeed.  (But please, longer than 30 seconds!)

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #373 on: September 11, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »
it would be nice to hear something from ncsoft about what they want to do, but i know its prolly still a little early before a final decision is reached

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #374 on: September 11, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »
it would be nice to hear something from ncsoft about what they want to do, but i know its prolly still a little early before a final decision is reached
It would, but those kinds of decisions are not made without careful consideration.  The fact that they're taking their time means they're aren't dismissing us or Paragon entirely, which is good.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #375 on: September 11, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »
It would, but those kinds of decisions are not made without careful consideration.  The fact that they're taking their time means they're aren't dismissing us or Paragon entirely, which is good.

agreed

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #376 on: September 11, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »
Being silent and secretive isn't something new for that region of the world whether it's political or business, so I wouldn't be surprised that if/when we do hear from them, it could be weeks or months, not to mention the possibility of never getting any real answers. Just read this article: http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/11/world/asia/china-vice-president/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I too have no clue what the finances were like, but I can only imagine if they were doing bad that Paragon wouldn't have been ready to release a new issue, working on other projects, etc. Hell they would have killed the game years ago if profit and subscribers were doing that bad. If I had to guess I'd say they don't care too much for the NA market and to focus on the Asian market would mean more fantasy and/or slack and hash, and are putting all their eggs in one basket.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

jtomason

• Underling
« Reply #377 on: September 11, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »
I will be discussing the shutdown of CoH and how social media is being used to help save it on KRNV (Reno, NV) live tomorrow (Sept 12, 2012) at 11am Pacific via Google+ Hangout.  Please join in and show support!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/118209080840351347370

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #378 on: September 11, 2012, 06:13:13 PM »
I will be discussing the shutdown of CoH and how social media is being used to help save it on KRNV (Reno, NV) live tomorrow (Sept 12, 2012) at 11am Pacific via Google+ Hangout.  Please join in and show support!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/118209080840351347370
I will do my best to be there!

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #379 on: September 12, 2012, 11:59:33 PM »
Has anybody contacted Gearbox Software?
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com