Author Topic: Serial code benefits: need info  (Read 1031 times)

Dark Horizon

• Minion
Serial code benefits: need info
« on: August 17, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »
I'm returning to the game after a very long absence.  When I first logged into my NCSoft account, I found that I have three unused serial codes that I never knew I had.  The knowledge base is fairly vague about the benefits of using serial codes, and encourages players to ask CS for more detailed info.

One code is for the Architect Edition, even though the version I have is Good vs. Evil.  The second is for Guild Wars (which is off topic, but maybe someone can help me anyway), and the third appears to be a game time card for any NCSoft game.

I filed a ticket asking what benefit I would get from using these, expecting to hear that they were for in-game items or game time (although the Guild Wars one obviously cannot be for game time).  After an "escalation of the ticket" and about a week of waiting, I got a canned response telling me why I have them (which isn't what I asked) but not what they do.

Rather than wait another week for an answer that they should have had readily available, I thought I'd ask here.  This forum has always seemed more knowledgeable to me than any of the official NCSoft forums.

All I could Google for the AE code is that once upon a time this would have entitled me to my choice of Super Booster I: Cyborg or Super Booster II: Magic, but I'm not even sure these are available any more.  Might it also (or instead) give me game time?

Googling "Guild Wars serial code" only turns up sites devoted to hacks/cracks and no useful info.  Obviously this can't be for game time. I'm guessing in-game items (storage panes or character slots would be interesting), or a longshot that it might get me one of the expansions (I only have Prophecies).

Any ideas?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Serial code benefits: need info
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Architect_Edition

Aside from granting access to all things Architect, the code might also allow you to choose between Super Booster I and Super Booster II.  If the code is for a full-blown version of the game you bought but never applied to your account, then there should be an extra month of VIP time to go with it.

The game time card should grant you VIP status for however long the card is redeemable for.

If both codes are worth game time, they will be added together.  In other words, if the Architect code is worth a month of VIP and the game time card is good for one month, you'll end up with two months of VIP access.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Dark Horizon

• Minion
Re: Serial code benefits: need info
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »
Thanks, Eabrace.  I never purchased Architect because I already had access to that content as an existing subscriber at the time that content was released. 

Apparently all three codes were "compensation" for having once subscribed to a game that was shuttered a long time ago.  The description of the code is simply "City of Heroes Architect Edition".

I guess I'll just have to apply them and see what happens.  I was hoping to find out what I should expect just in case the process goes wrong.

I don't suppose anyone knows what the Guild Wars code might do?

[EDIT] After further Googling, I found a press release from Sept. 2009.  The CoX code is for the complete Architect Edition, equivalent to the boxed version, with 30 days time.  Not clear if the SB I&II offer is still valid.  The Guild Wars code is for the complete version of Prophecies...which I already owned at the time the code was given to me.  I've submitted another ticket asking if this can be exchanged for one of the other campaigns, but I'm not holding my breath.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:16:15 AM by Dark Horizon »