Author Topic: Project RECITS : who want to help us ?  (Read 1435 times)

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
Project RECITS : who want to help us ?
« on: May 23, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »
Hi everybody !

It's my first post on this forum. I'm a french player who speak a quite poor english. I've played CoX since 2006. And... it's not very interesting.

I'm here to speak about a project we (few people and I) started on april, just after the news of the end of german and french localisations of CoX. It's a bad news for all players, be sure of it.

So, we decided to save french texts (SA and TF/SF mainly). But it's a fight against the Time. And unfortunately we aren't "Ouro Menders". At this moment only 25% of texts are recovered.

Consequently, I follow these advice and I come to ask your help.

Have you got some idea for this project (called "Project RECITS") ? Tell me if you want more informations on it. I'll try to give you an english answer (snirf...)  :P

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:59:51 PM by John Phaser »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Project RECITS : who want to help us ?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
My advice to you would be to focus your efforts on recent content -- TPN Campus, MoM Trial, Prometheus's ramblings, Laura Lockhart, Graham Easton, Bane Spider Ruben, Brother Hammond, Dark Astoria revamp, etc.

Specifically, anything added in or after Issue 21.5.

Anything after that date is a lot less likely to be able to be recovered by magical means.

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »
Hum ok, we are going to capture these texts.

It means there is something "magic" which can save original french texts of missions ? For sure ?

(Oh and... I hope I didn't make a mistake by posting in this category. Move this thread if necessary)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:01:17 PM by John Phaser »

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 04:42:41 AM »
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 03:57:46 PM »
Indeed. Do you know people who could be interested to help on this project ? It's quite easy, even for (veteran) english players : we capture/copy-paste texts of contacts, answers of our toons, some NPC's dialogs and clues. We have 2 softwares to do it.

The storage is made on the forum of the "Equilibre" (linked above). Don't hesitate :)

Thanks !