Author Topic: Dungeon Defenders - PS3  (Read 7695 times)

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
Dungeon Defenders - PS3
« on: April 14, 2012, 02:52:21 AM »
This is bloody addicting and that's coming from someone who hates tower defense games.

Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Dungeon Defenders - PS3
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 03:49:02 PM »
I think that game came on one of my devices.  (My Xoom tablet, maybe?)  I thought it was cute, but after a few levels, it got sort of tedious.  At any rate, ew, Sony?  I wouldn't touch anything that company makes with a 10-foot pole.  I've had many problems with Sony hardware over the years, enough so that I've written the company off.  Plus, they are one of the most customer unfriendly sue-happy companies on the planet.  No thank you!

As far as addicting casual games go, it's hard to top Angry Birds.  Rovio is the Google of casual gaming right now, and the release of Angry Birds: Space just added to that reputation.  It's friggin' brilliant, and I've spent WAY too much time chasing that last... third... star...

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 05:09:50 PM »
I've been playing the hell out of it on PC.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »
As far as addicting casual games go, it's hard to top Angry Birds.  Rovio is the Google of casual gaming right now, and the release of Angry Birds: Space just added to that reputation.  It's friggin' brilliant, and I've spent WAY too much time chasing that last... third... star...

I enjoyed the original Angry Birds, haven't played the new one but I'm not OCD about 3 stars, just do a playthrough and maybe some of the easier golden eggs.

For addictive games Peggle still ranks pretty high for me.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »
I play the shit out of Bejeweled on my phone. The original Bejeweled, where it's amazing to get 20,000 points; not the stupid Bejeweled 2 or Bejeweled Ultimate or Bejeweled Bob Dole Wabooboo, where an average score is six figures.

I loves me some Bejeweled.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 03:49:52 AM »
I've had many problems with Sony hardware over the years...

It's always sad to hear when someone gets that sort of luck when I've never had any issues with sony hardware. In fact, one of my first/most-used pieces of sony hardware finally died sometime last year. It's pretty bad when a walkman can last longer than even my least warn (proof I work too much) clothing. I think I got it somewhere around 1989-1992. The one time I had to deal with CS it was just as simple, but so was my problem and I baby the shit out of my more prized tech.

I actually got this game as a demo from the PSN and put it on the low priority (likely to delete) list. I finally started playing it one day around like 2p-6p and looked up to find the clock saying something like 1a-2a. That pretty much told me I needed to keep it. :-p
Find me on Homecoming:

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 03:51:10 AM »
I've been playing the hell out of it on PC.

I saw the Forum page for the game and noticed the PC had a ton more mods n stuff (as expected), but I guess I can get my costume fixes somewhere closer to home. ;-)
Find me on Homecoming:

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
Sony used to be a competent company that produced excellent hardware.  Not the cheap crap, but the "you get what you pay for" kind of premium electronics.  Around 1995 to 2000, though, I guess the upper manager decided to start milking their customer base by producing the kind of cheap crap that breaks, but still keeping the premium price for it.  I've had a moderately expensive home theater system, a PS2, and at least three or four CD/DVD drives that were Sony models go belly-up on me.

It's not just their hardware.  How many times have they been in the news lately?  They're one of the members of RIAA/MPAA that have been extorting filesharers via P2P networks.  Not that I condone this, but I find what they're doing much, much worse--telling people, "You can either pay us $2,000 for that song you downloaded, or we'll go to court and financially bankrupt you."  If the punishment matched the crime, I wouldn't mind so much, but it is extremely obsessive.  And then there was the whole rootkit fiasco, where Sony distributed rootkits on audio CDs.  And the Blu-ray/HD-DVD war, where they strong-armed a format (and an obscene DRM scheme) using their media companies.  And then the PSN hackage, where they were slow to act on and release information people needed to protect themselves.  Almost every week I see another story of Sony's asshattery.  As far as I'm concerned, it's a company that desperately needs to die so that other companies will learn that there are consequences for such consumer-unfriendly business practices.

So yeah, no PS3 for me.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 07:41:41 PM »
So yeah, no PS3 for me.

None for me, either.  I decided not to buy one as soon as they started limiting the backward compatibility by removing the extra chip from the box and using software emulation instead (with no guarantee all PS2 games would play on the system under emulation).  Besides, I have a pretty big stack of PS2 games that are still in the cellophane because I gradually moved from almost exclusively playing on console to almost exclusively playing on PC when I started playing CoH.

That being said, I've heard nothing but good things from other people about Dungeon Defenders up to this point.  Most of those comments usually ended in "BUY IT NOW!"  One of the very few games that looked moderately interesting that I didn't buy over Steam when it was on sale this last holiday season, though.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
I've played a lot of Dungeon Defenders on Steam, and I really do like it. One of the guys I play MtG with is also a beta tester for it, but he's being a good tester and not telling me anything :gonk:

Also, if you're not really a fan of the Tower Defense thing, the Barbarian class was released relatively recently, and he's not no towers to place anyway (he's got combat stances instead). And he gets to dual wield. :)

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 03:52:01 AM »
Surprisingly enough, I enjoy the variety of choices related to placing the defense items. Well, until I started working on leveling up the Traps toon. She pretty much sucks by herself even with a very fast bow.
Find me on Homecoming:

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 07:09:57 AM »
Surprisingly enough, I enjoy the variety of choices related to placing the defense items. Well, until I started working on leveling up the Traps toon. She pretty much sucks by herself even with a very fast bow.

My Ranger was my highest level character... and then the Series EV came out.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 04:28:08 AM »
I haven't messed with the Monk yet as I've been trying to level them in stages as lvl 7 seems to be the key minimum for survival in the medium levels on easy.
Find me on Homecoming: