Author Topic: Maelstroms pistols  (Read 3665 times)

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
Maelstroms pistols
« on: December 17, 2011, 06:07:54 AM »
i cant seem to find any sort of info about anything on this new reward, neither on paragon wiki or the CoH forums.

id guess there just isnt enough information about them to make a page yet, or what?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Maelstroms pistols
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 07:31:46 AM »
The only thing we know is that they drop individually (you need to get two drops to get both right and left pistols) and they are guaranteed but only *one* will drop *for the whole league* upon successful completion.

I don't know enough to make a real article about it so I've been hoping someone else with more concrete information would come along to put up the article. :/
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 04:21:05 PM »
I still haven't run that trial, so this is the first I'm even hearing of it.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 07:46:29 PM »
yeah, thats kinda what i thought.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 08:45:23 PM »
I've done some asking around and personal research in-game as well as on the forums.

During the TPN trial, you fight Maelstrom three times. The first time, he's Dual Pistols. The second time, he's only got one pistol and uses a Marked For Death move. The third time, he's pistols-less and uses teleportation and Martial Arts (including a variant of Vorpal Judgement) instead.

For those first two fights, he "loses" a pistol on defeat. According to my source, one of the UStreams mentioned a 4% chance of it dropping into a random Leaguemate's inventory (provided they have room for it) both times. That is, a 4% chance for ONE recipe to drop to a random Leaguemate. We should look up that UStream.

There is only one recipe, but you need two of them if you want to be dual-wielding Maelstrom's weapons. I'm told any Dual Pistols or Thugs character is allowed to craft them, but cannot verify that at this time. Additionally, I've heard that the recipe becomes available for Incarnate Merit purchase of some sort, but it doesn't show up in either vendor on my Thugs, although that character hasn't run the TPN trial.

The recipe may be traded and sold on the market.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 09:31:30 PM »
Further investigation reveals that the costumes can be crafted by any Dual Pistols or Thugs character that doesn't already have both pistols. There is an Empyrean Merit unlock associated with the piece (10 Merits), but it's scripted to not show up until the character has completed the TPN trial.

I have not been able to find any such character to confirm whether the Empyrean option is currently enabled on live.

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 03:18:05 AM »
and know i know, and knowing is half the battle!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 04:22:32 AM »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 06:38:13 PM »
LMAO thats awesome!

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 12:29:14 AM »
LMAO thats awesome!

*kicks* and now I know where Your butts been this whole time!
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 05:46:12 AM »
what whole time? lol

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 06:08:23 AM »
I suppose one o' youse could put up an article for this. (-:

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 06:58:06 AM »
lol i really hope your not talkin bout muah, cause thats a disaster waiting to happen lol

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 05:30:51 PM »
You had the initiative to start this thread, didn't ya? C'mon, it'll be fun! We'll help you.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Costume_Piece:_Maelstrom's_Pistol