Author Topic: Build links not working since Titan reboot  (Read 4177 times)

Finduilas

• Underling
Build links not working since Titan reboot
« on: November 12, 2011, 12:23:11 AM »
Ever since the Titan Network was brought back up after the problems, I haven't been able to open builds using posted build links. When I click on a link it opens a new browser window with the name "cohplanner.com". The window is empty except for the text "Error Downloading File!".

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Mids', and since I use Avast! as my anti-virus and I read somewhere that it might cause problems, I put Mids' on the Avast! exclusions list. Neither helped. One thing that might be worth noting is that I have this same problem on my home computer and my work computer, even though they use different operating systems (Win 7 at home, XP at work) and only my home computer uses Avast!.

Any suggestions you might have on how to correct this would be very much appreciated--it's cramping my build review style!  >:(

Find

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Build links not working since Titan reboot
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:27:14 PM »
D'oh, that's no good!  I'll take a look at it when I get home.  In the meantime, can you post a sample link that you know is supposed to work?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 10:39:25 PM »
D'oh, that's no good!  I'll take a look at it when I get home.  In the meantime, can you post a sample link that you know is supposed to work?
It's an old one, but here

more links can be found here

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 05:03:18 AM »
Found it and fixed it, woot!

The nutshell version is that we're running a hardened version of Apache now, one that placed a limit of 512 characters on any given value in a GET request.  I've bumped that up so that it can accommodate the build data used to post and download builds.

Let me know if you have any further issues, and thanks a ton for reporting it!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »
Those links seem to be working now, but on a related note:  Every time I click a link and tell windows to open the file with Mids', it fires off the Mids' installer (msi) rather than starting Mids and opening the file.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »
That would be a client-side issue; I'd suggest pinging Diellan or DeProgrammer about that one.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 05:18:22 AM »
Those links seem to be working now, but on a related note:  Every time I click a link and tell windows to open the file with Mids', it fires off the Mids' installer (msi) rather than starting Mids and opening the file.

It looks like your mhd files are associated with the installer executable instead of the Mids executable. You'll have to change that (it should be immediately available if you do a right-click + properties on a save file).

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 07:04:56 AM »
It looks like your mhd files are associated with the installer executable instead of the Mids executable. You'll have to change that (it should be immediately available if you do a right-click + properties on a save file).
That was the first thing I thought of.  It's not that.  The MXD files are associated with the "Hero Designer.exe" file.

To add to the weirdness of this, this was all working fine not that long ago, and if I drag an MXD file on top of the Hero Designer.exe and release, it opens normally.

Edit:  I seem to have it working now.  I had to actually unassociate the files with Mids ("always open with: Wordpad"), then went into the list of registered file types, scrolled down the mxd, browsed back to the Mids executable, and made sure that "%1" was in the command string.  That did the trick, although I couldn't see any actual change from what that was set to before.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:20:34 AM by eabrace »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 07:15:43 PM »
How odd.