Author Topic: Can't pick hasten/CJ/Hover at level 4  (Read 4219 times)

DuckDastardly

• Underling
Can't pick hasten/CJ/Hover at level 4
« on: October 07, 2011, 11:57:04 PM »
As topic states, I searched the forums for a recent note about this and can't find anything.  Building a new blaster and it won't let me take hasten at 4 even though in game i can and did. 

Hadn't noticed this issue before since I have been fixing all my older toons and none took them at 4.  The tooltip in mid's is showing 6 still as well.

Tested this to make sure i wasn't just bugged for the toon I was making and it happened and two others I tried making(an mm and a brute).

Using the most current build 1.952

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Can't pick hasten/CJ/Hover at level 4
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 01:49:26 AM »
Are you on LevelUp mode? In which case place your level 3 slots and then you can select a level 4 power. Otherwise, switch to Dynamic mode. This is a button right next to the name input box.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 02:24:19 AM »
Nope, definitely wrong in the database. I think Diellan mentioned that those powers' levels are being changed somewhere in the import process, and I did an import... You can change the levels of those powers in your copy via the database editor.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 08:59:49 AM »
Ha!

I was opening my 1.942 version of Mids and couldn't find anything wrong. No wonder. :p
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

DuckDastardly

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 05:13:48 PM »
Nope, definitely wrong in the database. I think Diellan mentioned that those powers' levels are being changed somewhere in the import process, and I did an import... You can change the levels of those powers in your copy via the database editor.

Thanks for confirming it for me and also for the way to fix it.  Of course I had to look it up to figure out what to do, but its fixed in my copy now.  And now I know how to fix it if it happens again.  :)

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 08:05:28 PM »

Yeah, for whatever reason, the import says they're level 6 still (except for the travel powers themselves, which are level 4). As a result, we have to reset them by hand down to 4.

LadyDarkswan

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 11:08:22 PM »
Is there a tutorial or set of instructions for changing the database?

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 02:55:15 PM »
Is there a tutorial or set of instructions for changing the database?

... Maybe? There's a readme file that has a lot of information in it that might have something. Beyond that, I think somebody on the CoH forums may have written a guide up somewhere. Outside of that, nope.

Roderick

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 08:01:07 PM »
You don't have to edit your database to use the powers at level 4. Just select them, let it put it at level 6, then drag the power to level 4. Mids' will report that the power is placed invalidly, but will still calculate it and its set bonuses into your totals normally.

That's what I'm doing until the fix comes out.