Author Topic: I21 Mids not installing correctly?  (Read 2176 times)

Honorbridge

• Underling
I21 Mids not installing correctly?
« on: September 27, 2011, 07:43:38 AM »
Just downloaded the new Mids, uninstalled the old, installed the new.  It runs fine the first time, when launched from the installer.  After being closed however, the Desktop icon the installer made cannot find MHDLoader.exe.  

When I try to run Hero Designer.exe from the Program files directory, it tells me it needs to apply a recent update and to delete mhd.mhz if this notice is an error.  Trouble is, I can't find that file either.  

So far, uninstalling and constantly launching from the installer has worked, but that really isn't even a good short term solution.  I downloaded the Installer a second time in case my first was a bad download, but I'm still having the same issue.  

Any help out there?  OS is Win 7 Pro SP1, in case that helps any.

Edit to add: rolled back my Mids to a previous version, and installed the new without uninstalling the old.  Seems to have dealt with the problem.  Lucky I kept my old installer I guess.

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
Re: I21 Mids not installing correctly?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:48:02 AM »
Reset the target in the shortcut to "[whatever your path is]\Mids Hero Designer\Hero Designer.exe"

The target path is pointing to an incorrect file. Also, don't try to start it maximized. It REALLY doesn't like it.