Author Topic: Odd question: Breadcrumbs  (Read 2065 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Odd question: Breadcrumbs
« on: August 20, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »
How are the breadcrumbs implemented on Paragon Wiki? The little links at the top of the page that show up automatically if you are on a subpage, e.g.
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Keyes_Island_Reactor_Trial/Strategy
...has a link to Keyes Island Reactor Trial at the top, placed automatically by the wiki.

I'm creating a wiki for various personal uses, and have looked at several breadcrumb options, but none of them look like they function the way PWiki's does. I've searched this forum to no avail. (I can't find the old forums, to search there in case they're older than the Titan merge.) Are they called something else?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: Odd question: Breadcrumbs
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:27:41 PM »
That's part of the subpage functionality. You have to have subpages enabled on the main namespace for it to work. And the parent page has to also exist. For instance, compare these two pages:

Ghost Widow's Embrace: Accuracy/Recharge
Adjusted Targeting: To Hit Buff/Endurance

The first has no breadcrumbs because there's no page "Ghost Widow's Embrace: Accuracy". The second has breadcrumbs because there is a page "Adjusted Targeting: To Hit Buff".

Note that there's no easy way to suppress the breadcrumbs on specific pages where you may not want them. Note also that you have to use subpage syntax; you can't, for example, have breadcrumbs that lead to "Adjusted Targeting" in the above unless you were to name the recipes like "Adjusted Targeting/To Hit Buff".

Mediawiki's Help:Subpages may be helpful for further reading.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Odd question: Breadcrumbs
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 04:48:59 AM »
Ooohh, SUBPAGES! That's why I couldn't find it in the official documentation. Subpages. Pppbbthhhh. Breadcrumbs, dag nabbit!

Wahoo! It works! I just had to add a line to LocalSettings.php and I have breadcrumbs!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal