Author Topic: AO Introduction  (Read 3574 times)

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
AO Introduction
« on: August 13, 2011, 12:41:34 AM »
Issue 21 will be introducing Archetype Origin Enhancements, which slot in attacks. What this means for us is that virtually every offensive powerset will need to be tweaked to add these IO set categories.

So, uh... I guess we need to start with a naming convention. I suggest {{Set Blaster Archetype}}

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: AO Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 02:34:14 AM »
I suggest {{Set Blaster Archetype}}

How about {{ATSet Blaster}}?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 02:49:04 AM »
The existing templates are all {{Set CATEGORYNAME}} with CATEGORYNAME coming from the game, ie. "Accurate Healing" or "Recharge Intensive Pets". Are these news enhancements going to be IOs that are basically in categories named like "Blaster Archetype"? If so then {{Set Blaster Archetype}} makes most sense. If they're just going to be labeled as "Blaster" in the game, then {{Set Blaster}} works fine.

If they aren't using the IO system like that then another naming scheme may be more appropriate, like {{ATSet Blaster}}.

It might also be better to have a generic template. If a power is available to defenders, corruptors, and blasters, it can probably take the AT specific enhancement from all three -- depending on your current AT. So something like {{Set Archetype}} may be more appropriate.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 04:16:23 AM »
Issue 21 will be introducing Archetype Origin Enhancements, which slot in attacks. What this means for us is that virtually every offensive powerset will need to be tweaked to add these IO set categories.

So, uh... I guess we need to start with a naming convention. I suggest {{Set Blaster Archetype}}

Another type of Enh? Are you Kidding me >.<.....I don't think I'll ever get into sets let alone whatever this turns out to be. :-X  There's honestly too many types of enh on the books.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 01:39:54 PM »
Are these news enhancements going to be IOs that are basically in categories named like "Blaster Archetype"? If so then {{Set Blaster Archetype}} makes most sense.

They're not technically IOs, but they're still set Enhancements like IOs are. And they are notated as "___ Archetype Sets" in the Enhancements menu.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 07:34:22 PM »
Before putting a template in place, we need to know how we're going to use the template.

Using an example, the power "Charged Bolts" (from "Electrical Blast") is available to Blasters, Corruptors, and Defenders. It's likely that it will accept Blaster Archetype Sets for Blasters, Corruptor Archetype Sets for Corruptors, and Defender Archetype Sets for Defenders. If we list all three (as we would with normal sets) it's misleading since Blasters can't use the Corruptor and Defender sets, for instance.

Off the top of my head I can think of three general ways to handle this. I made an example page to illustrate on my Sandbox.

Option 1: List all AT versions but put an "or" in between each pair so that it's clear it's a choice of the available options.

Option 2: Add a single listing as something like "Archetype-specific Archetype Sets".

Option 3: Add a separate section just for AOs, then list all three options there.

For options 1 and 3, I'd recommend templates like Guy suggested, {{Set Blaster Archetype}}. For option 2, I'd recommend a template like {{Set Archetype}}.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 08:48:06 PM »
I'm thinkin' option 3 would be best.

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 09:58:10 PM »
Option 3
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 11:43:14 PM »
I'm thinkin' option 3 would be best.

Brain is still fogged, but this looks best
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com