Author Topic: Introducing the Accolade Tracker  (Read 14560 times)

Keen

• Elite Boss
Introducing the Accolade Tracker
« on: August 07, 2011, 05:12:36 PM »
The Accolade Tracker is a new feature made available in City Info Tracker. It provides a list of the logged-in user's characters and their progress into a given accolade badge. You can access it from the "Tools" menu.

HOW IT WORKS

Select one Accolade Badge and immediately see a list of your characters and their statuses on the required badges for the selected accolade. A green check icon indicates that the character has earned the badge while a red cross icon means the character has not earned the badge yet. The lock icon represents a situation where the character can not earn the badge due to one or more of the following reasons:

• Character doesn't have the proper alignment to earn the badge. It affects Heroes and Villains and applies to badges that can only be earned on the opposite side. It also affects Praetorians that can't earn badges that are restricted to the Primal dimension. (Currently, most of the required badges for Accolades are that way.)
  • Character doesn't have enough level to earn the required badge. For example, the "Numina's Compatriot" badge can only be earned after Level 35.

The character list is sorted in a way that gives priority to characters that still don't have the accolade power. Secondarily, it also respects the character sort defined by the user in their Character Listings page. To enumerate:

• Characters that have not earned the accolade badge come first;
  • Characters that have earned the accolade badge come next; and then
  • Characters who can not earn the accolade badge (due to alignment restrictions only) come last.

If you have too many characters, you can filter the list by Server and/or Archetype, hopefully making things easier to track.

I hope everyone finds the feature useful. I for one will be using it whenever someone announces a TFC Task Force and I need to quickly check which of my characters needs it without logging into every one of them. (I used to have a spreadsheet for that...)

Feel free to use this topic for discussion, suggestions and reporting of any issues.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:39:36 PM by Keen »

Not a native English speaker.
But I'll let you point and laugh at my typos so I can fix them. :)

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
Re: Introducing the Accolade Tracker
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 03:52:00 AM »
Thank you for this functionality.  I'll be using it!  :)

Secondarily, it also respects the character sort defined by the user in their Character Listings page. To enumerate:

• Characters that have not earned the accolade badge come first;
  • Characters that have earned the accolade badge come next; and then
  • Characters that can not earn the accolade badge come last.

I don't know if this is working as intended.  I'm getting characters who can not earn an accolade badge mixed in with characters that have not earned the accolade badge.

For example, Task Force Commander.  Characters under 35 (minimum level for Numina) can't earn this accolade yet they show up among the other characters 35 and higher.  Same thing with Marshall.  Accolade is not obtainable until you can do LRSF at 45+, but I have characters of all levels mixed in with villains and rogues of 45-50.

WAI?

Does "characters who cannot earn the accolade badge" refer only to alignment, and not badges locked by level?

--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

Keen

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:12:12 AM »
Does "characters who cannot earn the accolade badge" refer only to alignment, and not badges locked by level?

Correct. Reading what I wrote again, it does indeed sound misleading. I have corrected the first post to reflect that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 05:19:49 AM »
Received the Atlas Medallion is incorrectly showing that the Authority badge as required rather than Pupil.
Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Keen

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 05:32:28 PM »
Received the Atlas Medallion is incorrectly showing that the Authority badge as required rather than Pupil.

This has been fixed. Thanks for reporting!

Xegreny

• Underling
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 09:21:22 PM »
Would it be possible to run a check for the badges even if the character has the accolade badge anyway? I switched my Alignment to Villain from Hero and was automatically awarded the villain accolades without having earned their requisite badges. Regardless, it's a great tool, thank you!
Xegreny - Level 50 - Energy/Energy Blaster

Taxibot REBIRTH - Level 50 - Empathy/Sonic Defender

Acton Blake - Level 50 - Electric/Electric Dominator

Keen

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 12:59:35 AM »

Janrith

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »
It appears that not all accolades are being displayed here... The ones that come immediately to mind are the exploration accolades (such as Zig Warden).

Is this intentional?

Keen

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 01:41:38 PM »
The initial idea was to focus on Accolades that provided powers (with the exception of Day Jobs -- they'll eventually get their own tracking page). Here's a Wiki link on Hero Accolade powers for reference of what I was aiming for.

Due to the way the page was designed, however, I had to leave Field Crafter out. It requires many badges and the current layout isn't appropriate to display them. Due to the many requirements, a more specific tracking page (Crafting Tracker?) would probably be more useful. As for Conspiracy Theorist (Crey CBX-9 Pistol), you can blame me for forgetting to add that one :P

Exploration and other types of Accolade Badges are probably going to be added at some point.