Author Topic: Questions about creating arcs  (Read 5808 times)

scubamatt

• Underling
Questions about creating arcs
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
Since I didn't see a thread for 'Help me!' (in regards to AE) I made a new topic. Please delete/move/set on fire if this is in wrong spot.

I want to make a mission where the player runs into an ally (at the beginning of the map, preferably) who will then following  the player and do a little healing/support while the player beats everyone up on the way to the big boss fight at the end. Nothing fancy, nothing custom except the colors on the bad guys.

I have figured out how to set up the boss fight, set up a custom group with the various standard bad guys in it. I even found a standard medical type character I can use (a Luddite Friar). I picked 'Defeat the Boss' as the basic mission objective, then 'Add an Ally' as the advanced objective. As far as I can tell, I have everything filled out right (it shows 'no errors') but when I test it, I *never* see the ally.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

If it makes a difference, I'm using the 'Breakout from the Zig' map in the 'Uniques maps' subset.

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
Re: Questions about creating arcs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 09:37:21 PM »
Breakout from the Zig is considered and outdoor map iirc and therefore has no beginning, middle and end designation.  Your ally can spawn anywhere in the map and that map has a few spots that are not so obvious spawns.

Try an indoor map the next time you test it, and you should see the results you want.
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"