Author Topic: Hold Duration  (Read 5302 times)

Mondobone

• Underling
Hold Duration
« on: July 06, 2011, 09:03:03 PM »
I was comparing hold durations between different archetypes and noticed that the durations don't match up with the in game values.  Is that a bug on my end or is something else wrong?  Also, can I change that to match?  I noticed there was a database editor included in the program.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Hold Duration
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 10:51:13 PM »
You can change the values in your Mids database to what you think they should be, but there really is an issue and it isn't fixed by the Mids team before the next update, your changes will be wiped out with bad values again when you apply the next update.

A couple of things you may want to check before you make any changes to the database:

1)  Are you displaying PvE or PvP numbers in Mids?  Does this match the setting of the numbers you're displaying in-game?

2)  Are you displaying numbers in-game with enhancements applied, or are you looking at base numbers?  If you are looking at enhanced numbers, do the enhancements applied in Mids match exactly what you have slotted in-game?  If the numbers are base in-game, do you have any enhancements slotted in Mids?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mondobone

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:53:26 PM »
As an example; looking at the stats for a level 1 Gravity Controller in game gives me a 15 second duration on Gravity Distortion.  If I clear Mids' and select just enough to get Gravity Distortion, so no enhancements or other buffs, it gives me a 22.4 second duration.  Those are both on the base magnitude, not the chance for an extra.  I am displaying PvE numbers in both sections, also.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 01:32:12 AM »
Ah.  That explains it.  Regardless of how far into your build you are, the numbers you see displayed in Mids are the numbers at level 50.  The base duration of Gravity Distortion's hold at level 50 is 22.35 seconds.

(Magnitude is a separate beast and doesn't change with level.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mondobone

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 07:40:31 PM »
Ah, well thanks then.  I didn't realize duration went up at all.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 08:57:56 PM »
Yeah, that can be confusing.  At low levels, the differences between modifier values between ATs are smaller, making many of them feel very similar as they are just starting out.  As the game progresses, differences in modifiers for things like hold/immobilize/fear/etc. duration, buff magnitudes, hit points, melee/ranged damage, etc become more pronounced.  This is primarily what gives - for example - a Tanker a different feel than a Brute or Scrapper.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin