Author Topic: Powers that improve...  (Read 6732 times)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Powers that improve...
« on: April 22, 2011, 09:27:29 PM »
Would there be any way to automatically create categories and lists of powers that enhance or reduce certain characteristics, similar to what we've done for inventions here?  That way, if we wanted to find out what powers would, say, have a -RES component to them we could just follow the category links.  I don't know the feasibility of using DPL for that based on how the powerset pages are designed as compared to the invention set pages, so that's why I'm asking here.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: Powers that improve...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 04:23:38 PM »
Lots of people have viewed this topic, but no one's weighed in on it yet.  Am I just wacky in thinking that it's reasonable or possible to do this?  I suppose it could be done manually, but... ugh.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:26:32 PM »
Several articles exist already (like this one) that were sorta heading in that direction but never quite made it all the way and are not currently maintained.

Keeping a list like this would be tedious to say in the least, like documenting the resistances of enemy groups. *Shifty eyes*

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 04:46:48 PM »
It would be much, much, much easier to make this happen with DPL if each power had its own article.

It might be possible to make it partially happen with the powers all appearing on the AT pages, but I suspect it would be convoluted and wouldn't really give what we really want.

Generilisk

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 06:42:21 AM »
Could we sort it by general secondary of the set, then? Like the Ice blaster set would have "slow"