Author Topic: Can't get mids to run  (Read 1680 times)

Traxell Granite

• Underling
Can't get mids to run
« on: February 08, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »
I am a long term player (well over 5 years) of COH and have used Mids for about 4 of those 5+ years.  I upgraded my system and while the game runs excellent on it, I can't get mids to work on it.  Here are some stats on the new system, maybe someone can give me a hint.
Bit: 64
Anti virus software: Avast
Firewall: Windows
Those are the only things I can think of that would effect the install/running of mids.  Here is what I've already tried:
INstalling normally and running: Automatically closes, no error message

After removing/uninstalling that version, installing as administrator:  Same effect

After removing/uninstalling that version, installing as administrator, in "my documents/COHtitan folder ( I created for the program):  Same effect

So far I've found no hint as to an answer on the forums, and my fellow MIds users in game are clueless as to what to try next.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Can't get mids to run
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 06:10:11 AM »
Are you running Mids as admin? (Right-click, run as admin) not just installing as admin.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Traxell Granite

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 06:29:52 AM »
yes ran as admin, and it would close immediately

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 06:43:29 AM »
yes ran as admin, and it would close immediately

Do you know how to check your event log?  I'm just wondering if there may be something system-level going on that's keeping it from running that may be getting logged there.

Traxell Granite

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 03:54:27 PM »
I do not know how, I'm fairly computer illiterate.  Thus my need for smart people's advise